TV Home Forum

Freeview channels thread

CBS, horror, DMAX, Blaze, Food network, Yourtv etc : IF It's MAJOR Change start a new thread. (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IO
Ian of old
BBC FOUR has a Scotland region? Since when?! Laughing

I have a feeling that BBC Four got the nations splits when BBC Three closed. But I also wonder if I've made this up 🤔
RR
RR
It's less a BBC Four region, more that BBC Scotland has its slot in Scotland, so it got relegated down the EPG in Scotland. The channel is the same. Ofcom rules mean it will have to displace a number of channels above it in a few months time.
JF
JetixFann450
What's next? BBC Three Northern Irela-

Oh.
IS
Inspector Sands

I have a feeling that BBC Four got the nations splits when BBC Three closed. But I also wonder if I've made this up 🤔

BBC Three never had national varients. BBC Choice did originally but they closed and became BBC 2 digital versions.

BBC Four is also one national service, no variants
MA
Markymark

BBC Three never had national varients. BBC Choice did originally but they closed and became BBC 2 digital versions.

Yes, BBC Choice had national opt out shows after 22:00hrs. I can remember Christine Bleakley being an invision CA on the NI version
IO
Ian of old

BBC Four is also one national service, no variants

Oh yes, that's the thing I was thinking of! Thank you. Apologies.
NL
Ne1L C
BBC Choice NI ident:
https://tvark.org/?page=media&mediaid=2587
VM
VMPhil

Shame they didn't come up with national variations of the three-of-the-same-name theme.
ST
Stuart
Shame they didn't come up with national variations of the three-of-the-same-name theme.

I thought the national (UK) idents were the same as in the devolved nations?
VM
VMPhil

I thought the national (UK) idents were the same as in the devolved nations?

Sorry, that’s what I meant - was trying to avoid using the word regional for the nations.
ST
Stuart
Sorry, that’s what I meant - was trying to avoid using the word regional for the nations.

I also struggle with my comment, for the same reason, but gave up and just said it how it is. LOL Laughing
RO
rob Founding member
Sony Movies Classic has today become Sony Movies Christmas.

Newer posts