TV Home Forum

ITV 2020 - Presentation refresh

Split from ITV 2019 idents and presentation - ITV Creates (July 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
Ballyboy
Damn
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
Yes, it’s been noted since the beginning of this thread that the new look started as the Super Saturdays look, and that someone must have liked it or was foreshadowing.
PF
PFML84
OK, I must apologise, I made a mistake. When I saw DPlay on the screen I was under the assumption that was playing through its own app for the Samsung TV but it wasn't, it was being streamed from an iPad to the TV. It actually isn't available on the Samsung TV I recently bought. Apologies for the misunderstanding. Embarassed

My point still stands about HD content on the service as this is something that Discovery are providing for free to customers and yet ITV. Channel 4 and Channel 5 aren't even doing this.
AN
Andrew Founding member
I’m sure tonight’s announcer just introduced Birds of a Feather, by saying “Dorian’s debts are piling up...” pronouncing debts like it’s spelt
CH
chevron
I’m sure tonight’s announcer just introduced Birds of a Feather, by saying “Dorian’s debts are piling up...” pronouncing debts like it’s spelt

Glad I wasn't hearing things! People won't be surprised to hear it's the same announcer who thought Quiz starred Martin Sheen. And who also recently introduced the 11:15pm Saturday news as "News at Ten". Rolling Eyes
:-(
A former member

https://tvhome.co.uk/itv/2020/08/03/2000
You're not wrong - and 'Birds of a Feva'.
BA
bilky asko

Isn't he? "Debts" has a silent "b" in that clip from what I can hear.
PF
PFML84
It sounded like he pronounced it incorrectly to me.
AN
Andrew Founding member
I wouldn't have mentioned it, but he said the same thing on an ECP earlier in the evening as well
BA
bilky asko
Despite everyone obviously being able to understand what was meant, I decided to listen to it again through larger speakers and headphones. And it sounds the same.

Whatever the pronunciation "issue" is, it's so trifling and minor I can't believe that it's been commented on - even here.

'Birds of a Feva'.

The th-fronting you mention, as well as the t-glottalisation that hasn't been picked up on, are features of accents and dialects. They're not "wrong".
PF
PFML84
Since Mark Labett has had his teeth done, when giving amounts of The Chase he pronounces everything with an F.

How much is the high offer? Firty Fousand Pounds!
LL
Larry the Loafer

Isn't he? "Debts" has a silent "b" in that clip from what I can hear.

Sounds like "deps".
Universal_r, scottishtv and chevron gave kudos

Newer posts