TV Home Forum

This Morning

Social distance no more thanks to clever tech. (p184) - 16/04/18 onwards (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FA
fanoftv
It does show greater flexibility that they can do things like that building edit, have the broken windows for Halloween, the lights in the trees for Christmas and even a dark gloomy effect for Blue Monday the other week.
BR
Brekkie
That's the Arundel Great Court development which prompted my pondering about the long time viability of the view.

And I think they've given you your answer.
RD
RDJ
Phillip on todays show confessed the one and only time he pulled a sickie was the time when it snowed and Fern had to present on her own. He confessed that he could have got in if he tried but decided to have a day in the snow with his family. He also said that Fern was not impressed with him at the time for it.

He also got the date very wrong. He said it was in 2011 when Fern had left many years before then. I believe it was a few days before this clip in 2009:

WH
Whataday Founding member

BH
BillyH Founding member
That was an astonishing day, the biggest snowfall in certain parts of the UK for almost twenty years and several programmes broadcast with limited presenters - I think that was also when an episode of Deal or No Deal got filmed with basically no audience as no one could make it/be bothered to make it to Bristol, ironically not getting shown until the summer time.
BU
buster
Yes, and notably buses were suspended in London which meant as many of the tubes were off too the place pretty much ground to a halt.
WH
Whataday Founding member
RDJ posted:
Phillip on todays show confessed the one and only time he pulled a sickie was the time when it snowed and Fern had to present on her own. He confessed that he could have got in if he tried but decided to have a day in the snow with his family. He also said that Fern was not impressed with him at the time for it.

He also got the date very wrong. He said it was in 2011 when Fern had left many years before then. I believe it was a few days before this clip in 2009:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csW3dTtXn3g

I find it fascinating how different the atmosphere is in this clip compared to a year or so previously. It all feels very false.
AL
alexjac0788
I noticed this evening that Stephen Dixon's cover photo on Twitter is of himself and Ruth on the This Morning sofa - did he ever cover for Eamonn? The photo was taken before studio 8 was refreshed, so someone with a good memory is needed!
NJ
news junkie
I noticed this evening that Stephen Dixon's cover photo on Twitter is of himself and Ruth on the This Morning sofa - did he ever cover for Eamonn? The photo was taken before studio 8 was refreshed, so someone with a good memory is needed!

I’m sure he was on for the news review that they used to do. Might be wrong, but it seems more likely than hosting it.
AL
alexjac0788

I’m sure he was on for the news review that they used to do. Might be wrong, but it seems more likely than hosting it.

Ah, yes - that does seem more plausible. I do miss that segment, but seeing as there was a push to make the show less 'newsy', I guess we'll never see a return!
AA
Aaron_2015
There was a video posted on here a while ago going behind the scenes of ITV’s move to TVC, can anybody remember where it was uploaded or who posted it? I’ve had a look through some of the threads but can’t find anything, would be grateful if anyone remembers.
KE
kernow
[quote:0395934448="Aaron_2015" pid="1154403"]There was a video posted on here a while ago going behind the scenes of ITV’s move to TVC, can anybody remember where it was uploaded or who posted it? I’ve had a look through some of the threads but can’t find anything, would be grateful if anyone remembers.[/quote:0395934448]

There was a video posted here which went behind the scenes of This Morning for their 30th anniversary.

Don't remember a video about the move to TVC.

Newer posts