TV Home Forum

CBBC revive Saturday morning magazine show format

The return of Saturday morning telly - well almost (May 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DB
dbl
Glad they've improved the atmosphere and excitement from the audience, the kids look like they want to be there now. Nice to see some BTS in the galleries.

EDIT: An audience in the 'Push Up' segment. Thumbs up
JO
Josh
Little nod to Monarch Airlines in the competition segment.
LL
Larry the Loafer
Still can't help but notice the kids looking to what's next to Hacker rather than at him...

15 days later

DV
DVB Cornwall
Gunge the new pop act ..... So good to see this back on a Saturday

LL
Larry the Loafer
I'm finding myself watching it every week like I'm ten years old again - granted I'm very happily skipping the shows, especially The Next Step - but I really do wish Jonny found some other way to forge charisma than just shouting.
JB
JasonB
I often found myself skipping the shows when MOM/Showdown was on and TMi later on. Not had another chance to watch an episode live since the first show will have to catch up and see what's changed.
TI
TIGHazard
I haven't checked out episodes 3 & 4 yet, but the reboot of Danger Mouse is pretty enjoyable so I don't skip that. But I do skip The Next Step and Ooglies.
FA
fanoftv
Danger mouse and Zig & Zag are both wonderful cartoons, I find something else to watch when the Next Step is on, but it's clearly very popular with CBBC's target audience.

I too have found that I'm watching it, as a 32 year old I stranglely fond it the most entertaining thing on a Saturday morning across the channels.
OF
OF992
Blanked
Last edited by OF992 on 25 October 2017 6:18pm
DB
dbl
OF992 posted:
I hope the BBC Two broadcast has a DOG, because if it doesn’t it's going to make me look for one and get distracted.

Sorry but thats an odd logic, it's a bit like saying 'I hope there's a pop up during my internet browsing session'
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
OF992 posted:
I hope the BBC Two broadcast has a DOG, because if it doesn’t it's going to make me look for one and get distracted.

I suggest you fire up a Delorean and go back to any time most nights between 1997 and about 2006, specifically between 12:30am to 7am. You'll be happy there.
Last edited by Neil Jones on 23 October 2017 10:06pm - 2 times in total
JE
Jenny Founding member
OF992 posted:

I suggest you fire up a Delorean and go back to any time most nights between 1997 and about 2006, specifically between 12:30am to 7am. You'll be happy there.

They dropped the DOG eleven years ago? I had given up on BBC Two overnight because I assumed it was still there.

Newer posts