TV Home Forum

CBBC revive Saturday morning magazine show format

The return of Saturday morning telly - well almost (May 2017)

DB
dbl London London
IT's rather small? and there is no balcony, Also there doesn't seem to be any room of live music etc?

Yup, it's about 1800 sq ft.

Thank god for wide angle lenses. Wink
FC
Flux Capacitor London London
IT's rather small? and there is no balcony, Also there doesn't seem to be any room of live music etc?

The far corner (opposite the sofas) looks like a performance area - presumably they're using a 360 studio.
FA
fanoftv Central (West) Midlands Today
It may involve some tight angles, but I'm sure that they will utilise all potential space, similarly to how TMi had to.
Last edited by fanoftv on 29 September 2017 11:20pm
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
JoshX posted:
New set officially revealed.

Whenever I see a timelapse like that, I expect to hear the Changing Rooms music...
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
[quote="JoshX" pid="1080978"]

They'll probably change it back after the show, so BP can rehearse again then change it back after BP on Thursday.

Well, it's always been the case that studios are used for multiple different shows, with multiple different sets, throught the week, so it's nothing unusual to share with blue peter and keep changing sets.
FA
fanoftv Central (West) Midlands Today
JoshX posted:
They've just done a live link on CBBC if anyone can use iplayer rewind and upload on the new set. It seemed quite cramped from the angles shown, but a good use of the space.

As they haven't done a Saturday morning show for a while they're not going to pump a lot of money into hiring large studio spaces, just remember how TMi ended in Studio 9. I'd say that this studio is bigger than that. The wide shot revealed panels on the back wall of the studio, maybe for hacker parts. The crew were whooping, those along with the kids will create a good atmosphere no matter the space.

They mentioned 'Yes Lad' are on the show, so presumably they'll be performing somewhere.

Already done; the timelapse above.

It was a link to the studio where they gave a competition link and used a wide camera shot from that balcony part of the studio.

As for the size difference of the studio, remember from 1997, Live & Kicking and subsequent shows used TC6 which was a lot larger what they are to use with HQ7; this is fully shown when you look at the start of the first Saturday Show where they had a full audience in bespoke seating, a large stage, a band area and seats plus a large section between the audience and the stages.
DB
dbl London London
They've tweaked the BBC2 Paint ident with CBBC colours into Saturday Mash Up.
RD
RDJ Central (West) Midlands Today
Special BBC2 rainbow paint ident to introduce the show.
Central News South January 9th 1989 - December 3rd 2006
CA
catbooks Meridian (South) South Today
What do you call an angry trail? A cross-promotion.
:-(
A former member
What a Surprise Wink
DP
D.Page
Paint ident in full Technocolor looks cool Wink Should have replaced the music for something more appropriate though. It's an arty soundtrack where, I suspect, adults would appreciate it more than kids.
DB
dbl London London
The shots don't look too bad, kinda helps they've created depth with having the audience in the background. Wide Angle Lens and reposition FTW.

Newer posts