The Newsroom

The New ITV & BBC Weather Thread

BBC Thunderbolts - Are they Red, White or Blue... or yellow? (September 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WE
wellandtruly25
I'm not sure I agree with your argument. Perhaps though looking at the whole meteorological industry might be a fairer comparison. But I still think the Beeb have too few female national weather presenters.
GW
GarWill99
(RE: ITV Weather Graphics)

Has anyone noticed in the past few weeks that the different weather presenters have used different colours for the temperature circles and also different shades of blue for the ocean? As much as I like the new graphics, it would be much better if they all use the same variation of colours across the board.

Some examples below:

http://i66.tinypic.com/2a9w5l4.png , http://i66.tinypic.com/2cni68y.png
GW
GarWill99
Shame about Peter Gibbs also. Looks as if the BBC will only be left with very few of the "vast majority" of forecasters they vowed to keep on.
HC
Hatton Cross

Any reason why Cork and Dublin have a temperature pointer on an ITV map?

BBC ignore locations in the republic, so is this a bit of legacy with weather provision to UTV Ireland?
JW
JamesWorldNews
Ian McCaskill - Legend! Crying or Very sad
RO
rob Founding member
Here's Ian McCaskill pulling his own cracker on Christmas Day 1987(from 3:40 onwards)

LL
London Lite Founding member
The first thing that springs to mind is Ian live from the BBC Weather Centre after the great storm of 1987 on the One O'Clock News looking very stressed while being questioned over why The Met Office got it so wrong.

Great forecaster and one of the old guard of weather forecasting delivery which has been missed in recent years.
IS
Inspector Sands
Hullo!
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 12 December 2016 6:40pm
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Brief mention of Ian's passing with a clip from Breakfast Time at the end of the Six after the forecast.

RD
RDJ
Aforementioned dishevelled Ian McCaskill getting a grilling over the 1987 storm. From 3:25

EL
elmarko
Why isn't he looking at the camera in that interview clip? bit odd
MA
Markymark
Why isn't he looking at the camera in that interview clip? bit odd

ISTR he'd been up all night, and TVC (along with all of Southern England) was probably in considerable disarray that day, missing staff, power supply problems etc etc. It's probably a small miracle the bulletin made it to air in the first place !

Newer posts