Media Websites

TV Forum

(October 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DB
DalekBChannel523
I don't know why I'm still classed as a 'new member'. I'm hardly a new member anymore. Also: nice to just send a PM to tell me I've been warned on a post and not bother to say what for...
JO
Joe
You've only been a member for around 6 weeks, I'd count that as relatively new.
JO
Jonny
A new member and already a representative of the prestigious blue badge club, must be some kind of record.

I would probably take the hint and adjust my attitude accordingly, but that's just me.
Cavan, Hatton Cross and Nicky gave kudos
LL
London Lite Founding member
Apparently he got banned from DS for similar behaviour. If anything the TVF mods should be congratulated for their tolerance.
DV
dvboy
I do love that recently posted images are shown on the front page and currently include a pack of supermarket chicken breast.
DB
DalekBChannel523
Jonny posted:
A new member and already a representative of the prestigious blue badge club, must be some kind of record.

I would probably take the hint and adjust my attitude accordingly, but that's just me.

Except I have no way to know how to act accordingly given I've not even been given a reason why the post resulted in my recent warning.
BA
Bail Moderator
Jonny posted:

Except I have no way to know how to act accordingly given I've not even been given a reason why the post resulted in my recent warning.

Then perhaps this isn't the place for you. You're causing more hassle and more reported posts for any new user than anyone else, and despite polite requests persist. Ban hammer is looming.
DB
DalekBChannel523
Bail posted:
Jonny posted:

Then perhaps this isn't the place for you. You're causing more hassle and more reported posts for any new user than anyone else, and despite polite requests persist. Ban hammer is looming.

I can't believe this post is from a forum moderator. You can't just warn people or ban them because their posts were reported by other members, you need to have a reason to do it otherwise I could just go around reporting the posts of any member I decide I don't like and automatically get them banned.
LL
London Lite Founding member

Except I have no way to know how to act accordingly

I think you've answered your own question there.
Nicky, dbl and Hatton Cross gave kudos
DO
dosxuk
Bail posted:

I can't believe this post is from a forum moderator. You can't just warn people or ban them because their posts were reported by other members, you need to have a reason to do it otherwise I could just go around reporting the posts of any member I decide I don't like and automatically get them banned.

You're forgetting the bit where the admins look at the report and go "ah, yes, I see their point". Someone reporting posts by one member for no real reason is a pretty popular tactic in my experience, and the person who gets the ban isn't normally the person who was the target of the reports.

Forums are like a pub. Everyone is welcome. But when the entire rest of the pub keep having to have words with the landlord about the new guy, it's generally a sign that the new guy needs to behave themselves, not that there's a problem with the pub.
Brekkie and Colorband gave kudos
BA
Bail Moderator
Bail posted:

You also appear to be under the assumption that you have an entitlement to post. Causing undue annoyance to our members is perfectly reasonable reason to disable your account, one you are very very close to making happen. You've been warned, messaged privately and publicly now. Perhaps stick to reading posts for a while, get a better idea of the type of discussion this is encouraged here.
DB
DalekBChannel523
Bail posted:
Bail posted:

You also appear to be under the assumption that you have an entitlement to post. Causing undue annoyance to our members is perfectly reasonable reason to disable your account, one you are very very close to making happen. You've been warned, messaged privately and publicly now. Perhaps stick to reading posts for a while, get a better idea of the type of discussion this is encouraged here.

How is that a reason? How's anyone supposed to adjust their behaviour to not annoy if they are not deliberately trying to annoy?

Besides, my problem is not with whether or not there's a fair reason to recently warn someone but that there's no effort made to say why in the PM you have been warned and which of the forum rules the post was supposed to have broken.

Newer posts