Media Websites

TV Forum

(October 2013)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AS
Asa Admin
Welcome to the new TV Forum. The update has been due for a while so I decided that instead of another round of beta testing on the other site, to just go for it. Otherwise it would have 2014 at this rate. Thanks to everyone who helped test, suggest ideas or point me in the direction of a bug. Some design tweaks have gone ahead and hopefully a lot of the bugs are fixed!

Many of the 'secondary' pages remain on the old design and will be updated over time. There are no doubt quite a few niggles which will be sorted and the search isn't quite working as intended at the moment.

Couple of new features though...

Kudos
We've introduced a kudos/like/+1 feature so if you're logged in and want to show some appreciation to a poster for a particularly interesting or helpful post, simply click the thumb icon. Why not have a look back over some topics you found interesting and kudo a couple of members to begin with?

Responsive design
The main pages have been responsively designed so the site should be easier to use and read on mobiles on tablets - no more pinching and zooming on a smartphone. I've only been able to test with a couple of devices so feedback on how it looks for others would be great.

Poster images
If you'd like to add your Facebook/Twitter/etc. photo to appear on the forum page, simply edit your profile. And if you already have a Gravatar account set up with your TVF email address, it'll automatically start showing the photo (it can be turned off if you edit your profile).

Cheers, Asa
Last edited by Asa on 12 October 2013 1:52pm
DB
dbl
Just tried the Responsive Design, works fine on my Samsung Galaxy S4. Thumbs up
RO
rob Founding member
Looking good Asa. , and the Gravatar feature appears to be working as well!
JO
Jon
Works well on my Galaxy S3 too. Like the fact you can now give 'kudos' to posts.
VM
VMPhil
Reputation/liking posts is one of my favourite features of Invision Power Board, so I'm glad it's made it across to TV Forum. Also really happy about the news of responsive design!

(btw, I loved the downtime page!)
AG
AxG
Looking great, nice to see the emoticon list appear on the quick reply box.

Hopefully 'Mass Media & Technology' will now appear in my Multiview?

Edit: Yes it does. Smile
BA
bilky asko
Well it's almost displaying correctly in Opera...
http://weatherfieldgazette.co.uk/norris/operatvf.png
I have to say though, it's a great improvement over the old TVF, and the beta.
JV
James Vertigan Founding member
Looks pretty good in Chrome for iPad, too! Very Happy Cool
:-(
A former member
Absolutely love the responsive design - may wave goodbye to WAP, eventually...!
AN
Ant
I've always liked Neon, so glad it's now the default. I actually forgot the old one still existed on the main URL.
SI
simon1970
LOL I now get this: You are using an outdated browser. Please update to Internet Explorer 8 or above, or another modern browser.

... I am using Internet Explorer 9 !!

Sadly I don't like it that much, so messy, can't find anything. Sad
TW
tweedledum
This is much better! & works perfectly on iPhone 4. & liking the kudos feature..

Newer posts