TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain - 2015 Refresh/Tweaks

(January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FA
fanoftv
Ooh, interesting.

Hopefully a return to the 2014 graphics (or something similar).

That would explain the new regional graphics position.
I wonder why they're going back to 16:9 safe. Surely the reason that they changed it shortly after launch was because viewers complained that they couldn't see the clock.
VM
VMPhil
Ooh, interesting.

I wonder why they're going back to 16:9 safe. Surely the reason that they changed it shortly after launch was because viewers complained that they couldn't see the clock.

What person still using a 4:3 TV in 2015 doesn't have it set up correctly by now so as not to miss out on important graphics, especially as graphics have increasingly moved to being 16:9 safe in recent years
dbl, London Lite and AJ gave kudos
AA
Aaron_2015
Ooh, interesting.

Maybe they are introducing a new bug to the right of the strap? That or a longer strap? I can't think of any other reason.
FA
fanoftv
Ooh, interesting.

What person still using a 4:3 TV in 2015 doesn't have it set up correctly by now so as not to miss out on important graphics, especially as graphics have increasingly moved to being 16:9 safe in recent years

I agree. What other reason would there have been to change them last year to 4:3 safe?
TV
TV Archive
The namestrap on the regional graphics certinaly was wider so maybe that is contributing to the change. It saves them trying to squish writing into the strap which looks awful.
BR
Brekkie
Has there been any mention of how long Piers Morgan has signed a contract for?
AA
Aaron_2015
Has there been any mention of how long Piers Morgan has signed a contract for?

Not in any of the interviews I've seen in the Mail, Express, etc.

I'd hazard a guess at a 6 month contract. Because let's be honest, this is a final attempt to save the show, so I can't see ITV Breakfast handing out a year long contract.
BR
Brekkie
Although they're not going to be launching yet another show within a year.
HB
HarryB
New solo presenter shots, on blue. Except for Ranvir and Ben though, bit odd.

MU
Multi
New solo presenter shots, on blue. Except for Ranvir and Ben though, bit odd.

JB
JasonB
Graphics going 16:9 from tomorrow
Source: TVRav on twitter

I'm surprised they weren't to begin with! Was there a reason why they were not 16:9 safe?
DK
DanielK
New breaking news wipe, very slick. Old breaking news music used.

Live wipes need to be redone, Look too big on screen now that they originate further left than before.

Newer posts