TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain - 2015 Refresh/Tweaks

(January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
UB
UBox
Here is the show's EU Referendum show promo:

Interesting to note it is using the square theme throughout and uses a shot where the old desk is featured. It actually looks like it's been put together from the 24 hours at GMB video.
BS
Ben Shatliff
No Piers today, Kate instead. Susannah said he is back tomorrow but doing other things today.

Would I be right in thinking he is most likely having today off as he will present on Friday and maybe Thursday too?
UB
UBox
I would think you're right there Ben. Having Ben & Kate present Friday wouldn't make for the most credible referendum results programming.
BA
Barney
UBox posted:
I would think you're right there Ben. Having Ben & Kate present Friday wouldn't make for the most credible referendum results programming.

Here looks like piers is definitely back tomorrow
https://mobile.twitter.com/piersmorgan/status/745147811528744960
NA
natoswald
Susanna, Charlotte, Piers, Sean, Ranvir and Kate are all on Friday's show. Susanna, Piers and Charlotte in studio by the looks of things

UB
UBox
Not surprised they've got everyone involved and I guess Kate will be in Gibraltar as she's been going abroad throughout the campaign. I would have thought they'd have dragged Ben and Lorraine in aswell to do the out and about with the voters thing.
DW
DavidWhitfield
First time I've seen this 'placeholder' over the shoulder graphic.

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u457/DavidWhitfield4/GMBSide_zpsss2lv98o.png

(The link to Laura went dead just as they were throwing to the weather before 6:30am too but fortunately she had pre-recorded a forecast so they went to that instead.)
Last edited by DavidWhitfield on 23 June 2016 6:31am
UB
UBox
They use that quite often. Mainly when a breaking news story is inbetween two stories which require the OTS and there's no point of taking it off screen and changing the camera positioning.
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
UBox posted:
I would have thought they'd have dragged Ben and Lorraine in aswell to do the out and about with the voters thing.

Lorraine said at the end of her programme today that she will be in Glasgow tomorrow.

UBox posted:
They use that quite often. Mainly when a breaking news story is inbetween two stories which require the OTS and there's no point of taking it off screen and changing the camera positioning.

I think the one that David posted is used more for a quick story inserted in-between other stories. As we've seen before the ITV waves background and orange shape is used for breaking news
DW
DavidWhitfield
A look at how GMB are presenting the results:

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u457/DavidWhitfield4/GMBEUREF_zpsyfgruaii.png
SC
scottishtv Founding member
Lorraine Kelly and David Torrance analysing the possible consequences of Brexit? Hahaha! That's cheered me up no end.
NA
natoswald
Is Charlotte just reading headlines for 1 minute each hour? What's the point of that

Newer posts