TV Home Forum

The Sport Thread

(January 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GE
thegeek Founding member
It appears they've moved things round in a bit of a bitty way so far. At the moment, there's a generic The Politics Show from 1100-1200, but the listings for the regional Politics Shows remain from 1200 - 1305. I can only presume it's a bit of a headache to move 14 different events, and once they've worked out how to do that, the tennis will move forward to 1200.

The schedules for Scotland appear to not have the tennis at all at the moment, which I'm assuming is an oversight!

If you're interested in keeping an eye on things, here's links to the schedules for Sunday:
BBC One London
BBC One Scotland
BBC Two England
BBC HD (fillers a-go-go, since it was due to be showing the tennis from 1430-1710 - though this suggests it ought to be showing EastEnders)
WA
watchingtv
Jake mentioned at the end of F1 that Queens is at 12 and also stated it was earlier than advertised
WE
Westy2
Is there any TV coverage of the Birmingham Edgbaston Classic Tennis Final, as local radio coverage (as in BBC WM!) has been changed, due to the weather on Sunday, according to their FaceBook page?

It now kicks off at 10am on WM DAB & online, with updates on FM during normal Sunday programming.
RO
Ronant
Looking at the latest weather forecast, it appears the rain could set into London at lunchtime and last throughout the day. So the tennis could very well be moving into Monday. John Hammond said he was 'not optimistic for the tennis at queen's'.
JO
Jon
Is there any TV coverage of the Birmingham Edgbaston Classic Tennis Final, as local radio coverage (as in BBC WM!) has been changed, due to the weather on Sunday, according to their FaceBook page?

It now kicks off at 10am on WM DAB & online, with updates on FM during normal Sunday programming.

I think someone posted a few pages back that it's on Eurosport. The only time I've ever heard any media coverage is reports on BBC Midlands Today.
GE
Gareth E

I think someone posted a few pages back that it's on Eurosport. The only time I've ever heard any media coverage is reports on BBC Midlands Today.

Seemingly there are highlights of the AEGON Classic at Edgbaston at 8.45pm tonight on British Eurosport - Eurosport is already busy this morning with Le Mans, the World Superbikes and now the early start at Queens.

The AEGON Classic is, of course, not to be confused with the AEGON Challenge at Nottingham, which features Britain's Elena Baltacha in the final at 11am this morning, and seemingly has no television coverage at all.

Incidentally, BBC Scotland have moved the River City omnibus to 11.30am on BBC Two, replacing 'Flog It'. Which is sensible, really.
RO
Ronant
So looks like Tennis will be entirely washed out. Country Tracks is now back in the schedule - now at 12.05 after a Tennis update.
GE
thegeek Founding member
..and then back to Queens at 1305, just in case. So it looks like EastEnders is staying on Two, for now.

River City has just started on BBC Two Scotland - it was due to be on BBC One at 1500, in place of Escape to the Country.

[edit]
Nope, it's changed again. EastEnders is back on One.
Last edited by thegeek on 12 June 2011 11:43am
DA
David
It seems that the 5 minute tennis programme at 12pm has been added as a new programme rather than being the original programme with a shorter duration.
GE
thegeek Founding member
David posted:
It seems that the 5 minute tennis programme at 12pm has been added as a new programme rather than being the original programme with a shorter duration.
My knowledge of how these things is a bit rusty - perhaps the event ID for the original programme will reappear when the final is finally played, so PVRs will still attempt to record it?

[edit]The programme page still exists, just with no times attached to it at the moment.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0120vmw
Last edited by thegeek on 12 June 2011 11:58am
AN
Andrew Founding member
..and then back to Queens at 1305, just in case. So it looks like EastEnders is staying on Two, for now.

River City has just started on BBC Two Scotland - it was due to be on BBC One at 1500, in place of Escape to the Country.

[edit]
Nope, it's changed again. EastEnders is back on One.

EastEnders is currently scheduled on both BBC1 at 1pm and BBC2 at 2.30pm!
GE
Gareth E
Well, presuming that there is no miraculous improvement in the weather and EastEnders runs at 1.05pm on BBC One, I hope they run with tennis on BBC Two from 2.30pm as scheduled - at least for a bit of chat and maybe some classic action, rather than just randomly appearing on one channel or another when/if play gets under way.

Contingency plan is to hold the final tomorrow at 12.30pm - live on BBC Two, displacing GMT and the scheduled film.

Newer posts