TV Home Forum

X Factor: 2011

THE WINNER IS.......... Is there a X factor 2012? (April 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CJ
Chris J
That article has now been updated, and the reference to her departure from the UK version of the show has been removed.
BR
Brekkie
Simon putting Cheryl's US ambitions ahead of his own then - if Ant and Dec can't make it stateside, she's got no chance. She's no real loss here - always been massively over-rated and the only thing she really bought to the table was the style war with Dannii.

Interestingly The Voice is now performing really well for NBC in the US. A format which has been a success in Europe, it is basically a twist on The X Factor in that the judges don't see the acts who are auditioning and just them on their Voice alone. They then indicate if they want to mentor them, and if more than one does the act chooses their mentor. I suspect though the live element will pan out very similarly.

The Voice though has Christina Aguilera - The X Factor has some woman Americans have never heard of and can't understand. 1-0 to The Voice there.
Last edited by Brekkie on 5 May 2011 5:57pm
IS
Inspector Sands
This is why I can't stand the show. "Cheryl beats Simon" - "Simon wants to beat Cheryl".
Er... its not them that wins or loses, it's the contestants.

Quite, that annoys me too.... and as far as i can tell it's the only thing that differentiates it from Pop/American Idol. I always assumed it was added to the format for that reason
BA
Badger264
Simon putting Cheryl's US ambitions ahead of his own then - if Ant and Dec can't make it stateside, she's got no chance. She's no real loss here - always been massively over-rated and the only thing she really bought to the table was the style war with Dannii.

Interestingly The Voice is now performing really well for NBC in the US. A format which has been a success in Europe, it is basically a twist on The X Factor in that the judges don't see the acts who are auditioning and just them on their Voice alone. They then indicate if they want to mentor them, and if more than one does the act chooses their mentor. I suspect though the live element will pan out very similarly.

The Voice though has Christina Aguilera - The X Factor has some woman Americans have never heard of and can't understand. 1-0 to The Voice there.

I disagree that Cheryl is no big loss, I can't particularly say I'm a fan but the shows ratings and her popularity increased massively due to The X Factor. The public have a massive interest in Cheryl. If you removed Cheryl from the equation, a lot of press interest is lost instantly. With both Simon and Cheryl going, this series has to pull something pretty special out of the bag to keep the viewers.

There could be an argument to clear out the entire panel and start again, Simon definitely missed a trick or two by not shipping Louis off to Britain's Got Talent (where he does seem quite bearable) and giving Dannii the X Factor Australia job with Mel B joining our panel instead. Dannii is rumoured to be going anyway, and with just a few weeks until the auditions start it will be interesting to see how this all pans out. I just hope to god Gary Barlow isn't allowed anywhere near the programme.

I'd be very surprised if The Voice wasn't picked up over here, I could see it slotting in quite well on Channel 4 with their 'alternative' approach, or even Sky1 who did have a good stab at the music genre last year but it was up against X Factor.
DI
digipal
I'll be very disappointed if we don't get Nicole Sherzinger as a judge on UKXF. I appreciate that her rumoured host role on XFUSA is a stellar career move, however, I loved her stint as a judge UKXF judge last year

As for the rest...

Would like to see Dannii still on the panel, so let's also have Gary Barlow and though I don't belive he'd ever do it in a million years, Elton John!
:-(
A former member

Would like to see Dannii still on the panel, so let's also have Gary Barlow and though I don't belive he'd ever do it in a million years, Elton John!

it was surpose to be Robbie.....
MH
miss hellfire
This is why I can't stand the show. "Cheryl beats Simon" - "Simon wants to beat Cheryl".
Er... its not them that wins or loses, it's the contestants.

Quite, that annoys me too.... and as far as i can tell it's the only thing that differentiates it from Pop/American Idol. I always assumed it was added to the format for that reason

Agreed, and they wonder why the media and public say it's all about the judges not the contestants. It will be interesting to see how the American public react to Cheryl cole though.
I always knew she'd land the job. The will she won't she stuff was about publicity for the American X factor.
DA
davidmcg
They definitely need someone in management/media from music so Krissi Murison (current editor of the NME) would be a great choice I think, Keep Louis and Dannii to keep some continuity. It does however need a star name so Nicole would be a great addition, Robbie would take it as too much of a laugh, Barlow would bore the hell out of people (he is way too nice). Still think Chris Moyles would be a good choice, proven banter with Louie, in the industry for a long time too.
MH
miss hellfire
I opt for Jo Whiley. I'm not her biggest fan but I cannot deny that she knows her music. She has been in the industry for Yonks, she knows her music. She has an encylopedic brain for the old stuff and can tune into what the next new big acts are. That woman has her finger on the pulse.
RD
RDJ
Could they maybe bring Sharon back? The tensions and rivalry between her and Dannii would be the new Simon and Louis rivalry!

Otherwise I'm not too sure who they could introduce who has a big enough ego or personality. Nicole I could picture I guess but I don't know whether she has the expertise to flog it... Then again neither did Dannii.

Some outsiders I could possibly picture... Lulu? Jamelia? Geri Halliwell? Heidi Range? Peter Andre?
MH
miss hellfire
RDJ posted:

Some outsiders I could possibly picture... Lulu?

Idea or even Dolly Parton.
IS
Inspector Sands
I opt for Jo Whiley. I'm not her biggest fan but I cannot deny that she knows her music. She has been in the industry for Yonks, she knows her music. She has an encylopedic brain for the old stuff and can tune into what the next new big acts are. That woman has her finger on the pulse.

She also has a reputation that would be permanently damaged by being involved with The X Factor!

Newer posts