The Newsroom

Manhunt in the North East

(July 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GI
ginnyfan
Kay says Moat posted on his Facebook profle, ''Haah haah , you can't get me'' or something like that. Surprised
JO
Joshua
I wonder what the plan is. Will Kay anchor through the night, or will she take a break and maybe come back on-air for Sunrise? (depending on whether the situation remains unchanged)
DA
David
Kay says Moat posted on his Facebook profle, ''Haah haah , you can't get me'' or something like that. Surprised

I'm not even sure he has a Facebook profile anymore. It seems to have been removed.
LJ
Live at five with Jeremy
I'm going to take a chance and hope not much changes until dawn. Hopefully Kay Burley will be gone by then and Mark Longhurst will be on along with a big name anchor on location. Fair play to all the media for staying so focused for so long. What an extraordinary day of breaking news.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
There is really little sense in continuing this rolling coverage, when there is just nothing happening, and it hardly justifies bringing Burley in. At least the BBC are covering other news.
DA
David
and Sky News take a break (at 00:47). The first since 19:25. After the break, they have replaced the live pictures with Kay Burley recapping the whole story over various archive pictures. I don't think we have seen Kay Burley yet. Has she said she is at Sky News Centre? Has she had time to get her make-up on?
PT
Put The Telly On
There is really little sense in continuing this rolling coverage, when there is just nothing happening, and it hardly justifies bringing Burley in. At least the BBC are covering other news.

Give it time, Burley has yet to mention quotes on his twitter, tumblr, bebo and other accounts yet...
BR
breakingnews
It's a stand off, it's dramatic, it's live on Sky News - Burley. She deserves a BAFTA!
PT
Put The Telly On
It's a stand off, it's dramatic, it's live on Sky News - Burley. She deserves a BAFTA!

Or perhaps a 'NAFTA', haha, you join us live here on TV Forum Newsroom it's 1.02am, and err.. thinking about preparing for bed, will I have freshly ironed sheets? We just don't know at this stage as I did not have time to iron them earlier on. Let's take you now to the next poster *woooosh*..
IS
Inspector Sands

I bet they believe Moat's Twitter account* too! Rolling Eyes

*http://twitter.com/raoul_moat1
BR
Brekkie

Eventually though I'm sure order will be restored and someone will get her off the air!
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Burley has yet to be shown in vision as she is actually sat in bed, rollers in her hair, teeth in a glass reading a Barbara Cartland.

Newer posts