This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Josh

JO
Josh
The saga continues...

FA
fanoftv
Wouldn’t it have been safer to do a screen record, edit (if necessary) and playout the video rather than risk it?
VA
valley
Wouldn’t it have been safer to do a screen record, edit (if necessary) and playout the video rather than risk it?

I mean, you could, but the whole point was Sarah demonstrating how it worked. They would have had to record it in a break and then play it out again to get the same effect otherwise it would look odd.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Or get somebody else to do it as a package.
HB
HarryB
Josh posted:
The saga continues...

Looking at these pics, the blue lighting is nice don't get me wrong but it definitely would make me think of News at 10 or a late night bulletin rather then afternoon show that Sarah was presenting at the time
VA
valley
Josh posted:
The saga continues...

Looking at these pics, the blue lighting is nice don't get me wrong but it definitely would make me think of News at 10 or a late night bulletin rather then afternoon show that Sarah was presenting at the time

Yeah, you’re right. (It’s purple really to fit with the title card for the strand. It just looks more blue on camera than in real life.)
RR
RR
Has the government minister who goes around the news studios daily stopped going on Sky News? I didn't notice it yesterday, and today Alok Sharma has been on BBC Breakfast, but not on Sky. Previously, they had their slot at 7:10 ish. May be nothing, but the government have been refusing to go on Good Morning Britain for months.
VA
valley
RR posted:
Has the government minister who goes around the news studios daily stopped going on Sky News? I didn't notice it yesterday, and today Alok Sharma has been on BBC Breakfast, but not on Sky. Previously, they had their slot at 7:10 ish. May be nothing, but the government have been refusing to go on Good Morning Britain for months.

They don’t always get a minister. Sometimes it’s an editorial decision and sometimes it’s a ministerial decision.

Edit: although it looks like he was supposed to be on...

Last edited by valley on 30 September 2020 9:50am
ME
mediamonkeyuk
Beth Rigby in Westminster with newsroom behind her and the walls there look to have had the ‘glass box beige’ treatment. Normally looks really fresh and white in the background there but dull and yellowish today. Any ideas what’s changed?
VA
valley
Beth Rigby in Westminster with newsroom behind her and the walls there look to have had the ‘glass box beige’ treatment. Normally looks really fresh and white in the background there but dull and yellowish today. Any ideas what’s changed?

White balance is wrong on the ENG camera.
RR
RR
RR posted:

They don’t always get a minister. Sometimes it’s an editorial decision and sometimes it’s a ministerial decision.

Edit: although it looks like he was supposed to be on...

Looks like it was nothing - the duty minister has been back on Sky News the past couple of days.

Newer posts