The Newsroom

The Sky News Thread

(October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RK
Rkolsen
Interesting shot of the screen.

Interesting show. Looks like. They were just feeding random sources to the different Picture in Picture places. Like Live 3 has a quad box for the triptych - the left, middle and right would correspond to each large panel.
VM
VMPhil

Looking forward to the new Sky News show presented by Big Plasma.
bkman1990, Meridian AM and Alfie Mulcahy gave kudos
AS
Asa Admin
Had to separately remove a couple of posts today so a little reminder that this is not the place for rota discussion (x person is off, x person presented at this time etc.)
VA
valley

Interesting show. Looks like. They were just feeding random sources to the different Picture in Picture places. Like Live 3 has a quad box for the triptych - the left, middle and right would correspond to each large panel.

Yes, it’s part of the daily lineup procedure to check the lines to the studio and the graphics engines feeding the screens. A similar thing is done with the screen in Studio 21/Glass Box and in the City Studios. And Studio 6 if in use.
DE
derek500
New promo for Burley's show. Gone is the agressive 'nowhere to hide" stuff, now it's politicians come on for a bit of banter!
MA
Meridian AM
New promo for Burley's show. Gone is the agressive 'nowhere to hide" stuff, now it's politicians come on for a bit of banter!

Yes, it is clips from previous interviews.
It makes the programme out to be more lighthearted.
No more talk about politicians 'entering the lion's den' Very Happy
JK
JK08
Niall Paterson has just introduced the 9am hour with "welcome to the breakfast show", despite 'Kay Burley' being plastered across the screen.
As much as I hated the '@', it seems dropping '@Breakfast' has just left the slot stuck with a muddled brand, with people unsure what to call it.
JA
jay Founding member
JK08 posted:
Niall Paterson has just introduced the 9am hour with "welcome to the breakfast show", despite 'Kay Burley' being plastered across the screen.
As much as I hated the '@', it seems dropping '@Breakfast' has just left the slot stuck with a muddled brand, with people unsure what to call it.

Last night When Rishi Sunak’s appearance was teased it was referred to as ‘Kay Burley with Niall Paterson’..
VA
valley
JK08 posted:

Kay regularly introduces it as “you’re watching the only breakfast show live from the heart of Westminster”, since “you’re watching Kay Burley, with me, Kay Burley” doesn’t sound great...
MA
Meridian AM
jay posted:
JK08 posted:

Last night When Rishi Sunak’s appearance was teased it was referred to as ‘Kay Burley with Niall Paterson’..

Yes... 'Rishi Sunak will be on Kay Burley with Niall Paterson'... Very Happy Shocked

Some things we just don't want to see Very Happy
JK
JK08
JK08 posted:

Kay regularly introduces it as “you’re watching the only breakfast show live from the heart of Westminster”, since “you’re watching Kay Burley, with me, Kay Burley” doesn’t sound great...

Yeah and to me that's fine, but Niall didn't say that. It was as though he was calling it 'The Breakfast Show'.
WO
Worzel
jay posted:
JK08 posted:

Yes... 'Rishi Sunak will be on Kay Burley with Niall Paterson'... Very Happy Shocked

Some things we just don't want to see Very Happy

It's quite simple. List the show as 'Niall Patterson', use some generic Sky News branding with the Burley intro music on and get Niall to say he's standing in for Kay Burley (literally). That's how radio handles it when people cover. You never hear nonsense like 'Steve Wright in the Afternoon with Craig Charles'.

I do agree though, a return to some form of branding would be helpful. What's wrong with simply 'Sky News Breakfast with Kay Burley' - or even 'Sky Breakfast with Kay Burley'.
Last edited by Worzel on 6 October 2020 10:17am - 2 times in total

Newer posts