The Newsroom

The BBC World News Thread

BBC World | 30 Years Anniversary - Page 127 (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
Jamesypoo
No that's just Studio A

If you're going to use my pictures, please credit me. Thanks.

https://www.tvforum.co.uk/forums/post1015917#post-1015917

Like you credit Jeff Overs for your avatar?

I just Googled "BBC News Studio A" and that was one of the photos that came up.

It seems a bit petty to post this after 2 weeks and coincidentally the same day as I dared to suggest that "BBC News Presenter Count 1967-2020" might not be the most exciting thread title to those not interested in presenter discussion. But you do you.
BA
Batavia
Nothing worse than when your thingy goes on the blink.

Happens to the best of us.

If I can fantasise for a little; perhaps this is cost prohibitive even in the best of times, but imagine if Focus on Africa was co-hosted from London and the BBC's bureau in Nairobi. Cool
Alfie Mulcahy and Rexogamer gave kudos
RO
rob Founding member

If you're going to use my pictures, please credit me. Thanks.

Don't be so petty. If you didn't want them to be shared, why the hell post them here?
RN
Rolling News
Maybe I was a being a bit petty, I agree. But I don’t like my weeks and months of hard work being undermined by a throwaway comment. Let’s leave it here now.
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
Maybe I was a being a bit petty, I agree. But I don’t like my weeks and months of hard work being undermined by a throwaway comment. Let’s leave it here now.

Did that image take "weeks and months of hard work"? Don't see the connection between the image and your presenter counts
IT
itsrobert Founding member

Did that image take "weeks and months of hard work"? Don't see the connection between the image and your presenter counts

It would appear that Jamesypoo contends that Rolling News's comment about the lack of credit for the re-use of the photo was related to Jamesypoo's alleged criticism of Rolling News's presenter counts thread earlier on the same day. Rolling News appreciates the alleged pettiness of the action, but asserts that the efforts undertaken towards presenter counts should not be undermined. The case continues. itsrobert, BBC News, on TV Forum.

Anyway, let's move on with the running order....
RN
Rolling News
Nothing worse than when your thingy goes on the blink.

Did that happen on air?
JW
JamesWorldNews
No. It was pre-air.
JA
Jamesypoo
Just to show there are no hard feelings, I have edited my original post.
RN
Rolling News

You’re still missing “Originally captured by Rolling News of TVF”.
Last edited by Rolling News on 18 August 2020 9:04pm
AM
Alfie Mulcahy
It honestly doesn't make much difference. He was using an image posted on this forum (but could easily be found on Google) to show the studio being used. He didn't publish a mock using it or write a news article featuring it.
IT
itsrobert Founding member

You’re still missing “Originally captured by Rolling News of TVF”.

I think you will find on a legal technicality, you have no rightful ownership of the image you created as it contains copyrighted material. You essentially made an illegal copy of copyrighted material you do not own. Unless you asked the BBC for permission, which I doubt you did. See the 'can I use images or screenshots' section here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/usingthebbc/terms/can-i-use-bbc-content/

Technically speaking, Jamesypoo is absolutely right to credit BBC News as they own the copyright, not you.

Newer posts