The Newsroom

BBC News Scotland | News at Nine

Full Team and Line Up announced (February 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
DVB Cornwall

Newsroom24 and London Lite gave kudos
DK
DanielK

Surprised they didn't choose to hang the rig from the ceiling, and instead obstructed what would have been a 360 view with pillars...
:-(
A former member
Looking like it’s going to be the best-looking news show on tv I reckon.
RK
Rkolsen

Surprised they didn't choose to hang the rig from the ceiling, and instead obstructed what would have been a 360 view with pillars...

I’d imagine the rig would be too high and have to be lowered.

I wonder if there’s going to be a AR aspect to the show with a fake screen behind the couch.

Now when Pacific Quay was built were these landing area (I think) above the studios designed or planned or a sort of on air use or were there for meetings and casual gatherings. And will the stairs immediately adjacent be cut off during the show?
NG
noggin Founding member

Now when Pacific Quay was built were these landing area (I think) above the studios designed or planned or a sort of on air use or were there for meetings and casual gatherings. And will the stairs immediately adjacent be cut off during the show?

I can't say what they were originally designed for - but they are used for ad hoc requirements, hospitality for guests / meetings, ad hoc meetings with flexible tables and seating, on-air use for shows that don't require a studio or where budgets are lower and using lighting and the building architecture as a backdrop massively reduces the costs of set construction etc.

I wouldn't be surprised either way with regard to the stairs. There are lifts in the building, but across BBC buildings staff are encouraged to use the stairs for health reasons...
MO
Mouseboy33
Boy that looks good. Glad to see they went with a completely fresh and different look, with the brilliant purple colour and the slanted pattern instead of the traditional BBC News China Red. SkyNews could take a leaf out of their playbook on how to make their GlassBox look good on telly. The balcony lighting and video ribbon that rings the set. (Yes I know The NINE is only going to be seen at night, therefore the lighting can be better controlled in such a big space, but SkyNews coulda did something geez). Well done to the Scottish team on this.
Unless I missed it. There doesnt seem to be much prominently displayed on the Scottish section of the BBC News website about its launch. Interesting.
Jeffmister and Brekkie gave kudos
UK
UKNewsHound
Unless I missed it. There doesnt seem to be much prominently displayed on the Scottish section of the BBC News website about its launch. Interesting.

They ran a story last week:
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-47202970

Plus the BBC Scotland News Twitter account has been retweeting the Meet the Team videos like this each day:

BB
BruceBBC
DV
DVB Cornwall
Well 'The Seven' headlines were very effective and snappy. Including a 'River City' trail at the end of it, less so.
BR
Brekkie
Very nice from the Seven - kind of like 5 News used to be when it was still trendy, and also very European in it's intro.
fanoftv and HTV Best gave kudos
WH
Whataday Founding member
I reckon we'll get something similar for BBC Wales when they move into their new HQ.
BR
Brekkie
Wales Live already looks pretty decent - both show such as strong argument for ditching corporate regional branding.

Newer posts