TV Home Forum

BT Sport - Launch of BT Sport Ultimate

Dolby Atmos to be introduced 28-Nov-2020 (June 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FO
FanOfTV99
To Be Honest, BT might as well get the WWE Rights from SKY. Maybe BT could have studio presenters for when they show WWE like they do for the UFC Coverage.
BR
Brekkie
If they don't want UFC they aren't going to be interested in WWE. I don't think either are huge losses - even though UFC has cleared surged in popularity in recent years the reality is most of the action is in the dead of night. NBA has always had a rather niche UK audience and I do wonder if the association with ESPN may end with the NBA deal - can't think of anything else significant they have from America.
RD
rdd Founding member
College American Football would be the other significant thing they have from the States. (However, in calling it “significant” it is one of these things that is really massive in the States but to be honest what audience there is for American football on this side of the Atlantic is almost exclusively concentrated on the NFL. Still it seemingly gets a niche viewership - presumably NASN/ESPN America/BT Sport ESPN hasn’t hung around in one form or another for 16 years if no body is watching it).
UK
UKnews
They’ve also got extensive MLB coversge and supporting programming from ESPN around that. The large amount of afternoon games in the US means there are often live games in U.K. evening time to be shown. Again, somewhat niche but college football fills the gap during the office season.

I’m sure I’ve read in the past the suggestion that their wasn’t more NBA coverage on British TV (and the fact that - over the years - it moved around a lot) came down to the price the NBA wanted for it verses the likely audience.
MA
madmusician
The deal with ESPN to license the name and take their content still has approx 4 years to run. It was a seven year deal, announced in 2015.
GE
thegeek Founding member
Maybe BT could have studio presenters for when they show WWE like they do for the UFC Coverage.

BT haven't produced their own UFC coverage for quite some time - it's just the host coverage (sometimes with a profanity delay if it extends beyond 5am)
DV
dvboy
Have BT Sport changed something in their EPG data process?

Sky EPG isn't being updated dynamically.
DV
dvboy
BT Sport 2 HD apparently with sound issues on Virgin Media.

All fine watching online.
RO
robertclark125
Sound problems apparent on Sky Digital as well. I've tweeted to BT Sport, just in case they haven't noticed yet.
DV
dvboy
A caption has gone up. I'd be surprised if they read their tweets though.
GE
thegeek Founding member
They do get read, though sometimes only during big events.

Today's BT Sport's fifth birthday - so obviously time for a new ad campaign.

DE
DE88
Five years old already... time flies when you're having fun. Wink

Newer posts