The Newsroom

The New ITV & BBC Weather Thread

BBC Thunderbolts - Are they Red, White or Blue... or yellow? (September 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DO
dosxuk
BBC Weather's website seems to be currently forecasting snow for this evening...

RO
rob Founding member
ITV National Weather now being sponsored by Checkatrade. They already sponsor the weather on GMB.
GM
Gary McEwan
rob posted:
ITV National Weather now being sponsored by Checkatrade. They already sponsor the weather on GMB.

I saw that on STV and actually thought they had decided to scrap SSE as the sponsor and go with someone else has they have been known to do on the past.

The Checkatrade sponsor up here is branded 'STV National Weather' which is slightly wrong but never mind...
Last edited by Gary McEwan on 14 July 2018 1:49pm
JA
JAS84
Isn't that one instance where the ITV branding actually SHOULD be used in the STV region?
GM
Gary McEwan
JAS84 posted:
Isn't that one instance where the ITV branding actually SHOULD be used in the STV region?

Well it was when SSE were the sponsor of the weather. It went out as ITV National Weather...
GM
GMc
JAS84 posted:

Well it was when SSE were the sponsor of the weather. It went out as ITV National Weather...

Wasn't it just titled "National Weather" on the STV stings?
GM
Gary McEwan
GMc posted:
JAS84 posted:

Wasn't it just titled "National Weather" on the STV stings?

I'm sure it was ITV National Weather. I think the only variant of it was for UTV as they have SSE Airtricity and instead of SSE.
SP
Spencer
rob posted:

I saw that on STV and actually thought they had decided to scrap SSE as the sponsor and go with someone else has they have been known to do on the past.

Broadcasters tend not to scrap sponsors on a whim - it’s almost certain that SSE decided not to continue their sponsorship deal, and so a replacement was found.
GM
Gary McEwan
rob posted:

Broadcasters tend not to scrap sponsors on a whim - it’s almost certain that SSE decided not to continue their sponsorship deal, and so a replacement was found.

STV have been known in the past to have a completely different sponsor as to what the rest of the UK has.
LS
Lou Scannon
The SSE sponsorships had been relatively recently changed from "ITV National Weather" (both visually & verbally) to "National Weather" (visually) / " The National Weather" (verbally).

Presumably, STV previously had different sponsorship, and the change was to make the SSE ones neutral for ITV/STV?

19 days later

AS
AlexS
Mel Coles, formerly the East Midlands Today breakfast newsreader, did the weather on VD and the news channel this morning.
RN
Rolling News
AlexS posted:
Mel Coles, formerly the East Midlands Today breakfast newsreader, did the weather on VD and the news channel this morning.

Blimey Mel Coles! Last time I saw her was reading the local news in about 2007!

Newer posts