TV Home Forum

Inconsistencies with re-branding?

(August 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
To be fair to Grampian it was hardly ever used, expecting going into the news, nearly all over times it was invision.
OF
OF992
I meant the BBC logo.
JA
JAS84
OF992 posted:
I swear there was a programme that was still using the 1988 BBC logo in 1998/1999. What was it?
Playdays, as discussed here, was still using it inconsistently until it ended in 1997. The show would've still been in reruns beyond then.

http://i66.tinypic.com/jt76lx.jpg
JA
james-2001
Shows made by indies had all sorts of iffy interpretations of the BBC logo during the 90s.
GM
nodnirG kraM
This one was available in CAR right up until the building closed in 2013, and was still occasionally useful for lining up analogue circuits - like tielines around the building

Presumably its physical footprint existed simply as a board in CAR that wasn't taking up any otherwise useful space so to remove it would be unnecessary effort.
TI
TIGHazard
CAR?? That's one that needs to go in the dictionary, like ECP.
LS
Lou Scannon
So... what the blithering flip does CAR stand for, then? Confused
IS
Inspector Sands

Central African Republic Laughing
Last edited by Inspector Sands on 27 October 2017 8:00pm
DE88 and Lou Scannon gave kudos
GE
thegeek Founding member
Central Apparatus Room. Lots of TV facilities have them - in TV Centre, it was in the centre wedge, third floor, and was subsumed into CCA (Central Communications Area). You'll probably find some old-school engineers who still answer the phone with 'CAR', just as some MCR2 engineers will still call it SCAR.

(SCAR was SPUR Central Apparatus Room, or Sub-Central Apparatus Room depending on who you asked - originally in Stage 5, and later near the end of the News Centre in Stage VI. Some people referred to the second one as SCAR6.)
MarkT76, Lou Scannon and TIGHazard gave kudos
VM
VMPhil

It’s a contraption that lets you get from one place to another by the use of petrol.
IS
Inspector Sands
Central Apparatus Room. Lots of TV facilities have them - in TV Centre, it was in the centre wedge, third floor, and was subsumed into CCA (Central Communications Area). You'll probably find some old-school engineers who still answer the phone with 'CAR',

There is still a role/operation called 'CAR', which does all the stuff they used to in TVC, except the bits actually involving TVC.

I assume they just couldn't think what else to call it. CCA still exists, but again it doesn't - its not central or an area
NG
noggin Founding member
There is also lots of debate about whether SCAR is the role and MCR2 the location...

Newer posts