TV Home Forum

Sir Bruce Forsyth RIP

Entertainer dies at 89. Tribute on BBC ONE at 7pm 18 Aug 2017 (August 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
Interesting story from Debbie McGee on The One Show tribute. Bruce would kick the warm-up guy off Strictly and do up to 30 mins of warm-up with the audience himself.
paul_hadley and DE88 gave kudos
LS
Lou Scannon
Interesting story from Debbie McGee on The One Show tribute.

You've neglected to prefix her name with "The lovely..."! Heretic.
LL
London Lite Founding member
Interesting story from Debbie McGee on The One Show tribute.

You've neglected to prefix her name with "The lovely..."! Heretic.

Yes, Paul.
SD
sda|
When they were having a big clear out of the props store, I delved in the skip and found an almost complete set of the cards used in PYCR. I would've taken them as a souvenir if they were complete, but they weren't - mainly all the the red suits and hardly any black cards.

And..
During a recording of the previously mentioned 'Didnt they do well' at TVC, which I was at, the computer clip system which drove the show had to be rebooted. Cue a 10 min break in recording.
Bruce immediately lapped this up headed off into the audience seating and started doing the gags and business with the 'ladies coach party in the front row'.

Reminds me of this gem on live TV!

JB
JasonB
Interesting story from Debbie McGee on The One Show tribute. Bruce would kick the warm-up guy off Strictly and do up to 30 mins of warm-up with the audience himself.

Who was the Strictly warm up man?
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Andy Collins, apparently
WH
Whataday Founding member
Showing the audience some mercy then.
JB
JasonB
Andy Collins, apparently

I'd rather have Brucie doing the warm-up.
DE88, London Lite and Steve in Pudsey gave kudos
DA
davidhorman
Showing the audience some mercy then.

Well, given the quality of Bruce's broadcast jokes (all part of their charm, of course), you wouldn't want anyone too funny.

Probably goes for warm-up acts in general.
PF
PFML84
Is this the same Andy Collins who used to present Family Fortunes when it had a daily teatime version (I think it was daily) with a filmic look added to the shots of the scoreboard?
JB
JasonB
Is this the same Andy Collins who used to present Family Fortunes when it had a daily teatime version (I think it was daily) with a filmic look added to the shots of the scoreboard?

Yep, it's the same Andy collins!

His warm up act involves getting members of the audience to do some sort of cringe contest or challenge during recording pauses or getting the audience to wave their arms in the air while doing some sort of karaoke contest. It looks like he's settled in to a radio job on a local BBC station these days.
:-(
A former member
Quote:

Reminds me of this gem on live TV!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVqWSkgU-EM

That's is just pure gold.

Newer posts