TV Home Forum

Shows that people forget or get lost in time

Classic shows you remember, but the public might not (July 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
LL
London Lite Founding member
Guilty. A Sky1 daytime show produced by Anglia I think from Norwich? Presented by Carole Malone.

RO
robertclark125
There was a good game show many years ago on BBC Scotland called Superscot. Jane Franchi presented it. The last series it was hosted by Jackie Bird, and teams of two, rather than individuals.
RI
Riaz
What was that short children's programme about mountain bike maintenance? It was about 5 or 6 episodes and broadcast in the school holidays in the early 1990s.
NG
noggin Founding member
Riaz posted:
The Real World. A short lived competitor to Tomorrows World by TVS.

Yes, one of TVS's first network offerings, and the initiative of Michael Blakstad, who was Tomorrow's World's exec producer, before becoming TVS's founding Director of Programmes.

One of the first things TRW did was a 3D broadcast, with the glasses given away in TV Times.

Also, I've got a feeling they collaborated with ITN over ITV's coverage the first Space Shuttle mission ?

Yep - The Real World was a favourite. They did a couple of shows on 3D TV - one in B&W and then one with an attempt at colour.

For some reason I have a feeling TVS were involved in Helen Sharman's cosmonaut flight too - which would have been towards the end of their franchise period?

Another science/health show I remember on ITV was 'Where There's Life' presented by Dr Miriam Stoppard (wife of playright Tom Stoppard at the time) and Dr Rob Buckman?
NG
noggin Founding member
Wanted! on Channel 4 (Originally hosted by Richard Littlejohn and later, Ray Cokes). A programme way ahead of its time technologically. Cost a bomb to make in the 90s mind you.

This is another show where a similar format could be revived.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoHIlKcq5zw

That format was bought by Swedish TV (TV4 I think) and very popular there - running for longer than the UK version.
RO
robertclark125
Three shows involving Tom o Connor for you. Firstly, on Tyne Tees, PickPockets, which was a snooker based gameshow. There is an episode on youtube.

Two others from the BBC. Firstly, a lunchtime show that ran for one series, The Tom o Connor Roadshow. The other, was a lunchtime game show, involving BBC news reports and local news teams, "That's news to me".
HA
harshy Founding member
Kapatoo produced by Tyne Tees fantastic theme tune, Wilderness Edge produced by Granada 1993, Streetwise produced by childsplay for TVS late 80s early 90s, all great shows at the time, never repeated ever again.
RO
robertclark125
There was once a programme on STV, just showing regionally, called "The Funny Farm". Had cartoon titles, with a chicken.
AM
amosc100
Kapatoo produced by Tyne Tees fantastic theme tune, Wilderness Edge produced by Granada 1993, Streetwise produced by childsplay for TVS late 80s early 90s, all great shows at the time, never repeated ever again.

Also Kappatoo Two and as well as 3 7 11.

I enjoyed Wilderness Edge and miffed that only one series ever made
:-(
A former member

Kapatoo - I remember the name but nothing else.

I've got a vague memory of a series about kids living in an orphanage that went out on Friday afternoon's CITV in the 90s. I also even more vaguely seem to remember that, at the time, CITV themed their graphics around whatever that day's last show was (at 4.40pm?).
RE
Rex
Guilty. A Sky1 daytime show produced by Anglia I think from Norwich? Presented by Carole Malone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8xaKR5R8H0

I recall Guilty being used as filler to pad out the Sky3/Pick TV schedule back then. It’s never been given an outing since then.
DE88 and London Lite gave kudos
AM
amosc100
Runaway Bay, CITV

All Change, CITV, with Frankie Howerd
(cant find a You-tube clip)

The Campbells (Canadian/Scottish production)

Hold Tight, CITV

Newer posts