TV Home Forum

New Countdown Studio

(April 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RO
rob Founding member
Countdown's getting a makeover for the start of Series 77 later this year.

Rachel Riley has tweeted this:

JB
JasonB
When was the current one introduced?
RO
rob Founding member
When was the current one introduced?

2009, when Jeff Stelling and Rachel joined the show.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Wonder if they've taken the opportunity to make the contestant positions accommodate two people more comfortably for Cats down?
WH
Whataday Founding member
Giant moon door?
RO
rob Founding member
Giant moon door?

Game of Thrones reference.

Nope, me neither...
BW
BroadcastWales
How many sets has Countdown had over the years?
JL
JamesLaverty1925
How many sets has Countdown had over the years?

I think this will be the sixth. They had one set that lasted about 10 years but was tinged different colours every few years
MY
MY83
Wonder if they've taken the opportunity to make the contestant positions accommodate two people more comfortably for Cats down?

Never mind that - the contestants need to be closer to the host and Dictionary Dell so they don't have to show *each other* their answers for verification.
FA
fanoftv
It seems like an evolution of the current set with the mesh beneath the clock and the centre stage area. the letters background seems to have been replaced with a pattern out background. I imagine that the letters and numbers board will be similar but with the background changed.
BR
Brekkie
Yes, not a huge change. I think they probably killed off a few of their viewers when they switched to the pink and purple stripe set at the turn of the century - that was a shock to the eyes!

Can't believe Nick Hewer is now the second longest running main host of the show - still not a fan at all of his style at all.
Larry the Loafer, DavidWhitfield and Critique gave kudos
TF
TellyFan
I'm surprised this god forbidden programme hasn't been axed yet.

Newer posts