The Newsroom

STV News

(January 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
I'm guessing we're going to see a full-scale STV News revamp on Monday 3rd April. Wonder if this means the arrival of STV News Tonight/STV2 is imminent?

Remember Scotland Today has had that look for 6 years now, I dont think we will see a revamp with the news.
A former member
Some Special titles for tonight STV news at 6pm.
SO
SOL
I don't think there'll be an updated look for STV News. Scotland Tonight has had the same look for 5 years, so I imagine it'll just be that.
GM
Gary McEwan
STV News is on the move again tonight, coming live from Westminster.
A former member
STV News is on the move again tonight, coming live from Westminster.

With some nice pan regional titles covering all four sub areas.
A former member
Scotland Tonight back on the 18 April, ( Monday is Easter Monday) but that week will have bunch of special form holyrood? Could that mean it could be the 24th before we see the new set.
GM
Gary McEwan
If the weekend bulletins start coming from Aberdeen and the main 6pm West bulletin starts either coming from the newsroom or the balcony at PQ, then we'll know something is happening.

11 days later

GL
globaltraffic24
A first glance at the new STV News Tonight set.

https://stv.tv/news/entertainment/1385658-stv2-programming-for-new-scottish-channel-unveiled/
JK
JK08

Looks rather Channel 4 to me. I'm glad they appear to have revised the logo as well.
CR
Critique
Oh that looks very nice! The current STV News set is the best they've had in a while but this is a great improvement on that. I would assume that they're using both sides of the studio now and perhaps relighting the soft set for Scotland Tonight (assuming this programme comes from Glasgow), rather than having two separate sets for news and Scot Tonight.
GM
Gary McEwan
Oh that looks very nice! The current STV News set is the best they've had in a while but this is a great improvement on that. I would assume that they're using both sides of the studio now and perhaps relighting the soft set for Scotland Tonight (assuming this programme comes from Glasgow), rather than having two separate sets for news and Scot Tonight.

Yeah Scotland Tonight comes from the same studio as STV News and uses the second half of the studio.
GM
GMc

Yeah Scotland Tonight comes from the same studio as STV News and uses the second half of the studio.

I think he means will Scotland Tonight come from the new STV News Tonight set, or will the Glasgow opt move to the new set, with Scotland Tonight getting a new set on the current STV News side...

Newer posts