TV Home Forum

BBC One 2016

Split from BBC One Christmas 2015 (January 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WI
Wicko

That's all well and good but where does that then leave BBC Two?

The same poster on DS hasn't said anything about BBC Two getting new presentation. One poster asked if BBC Two was getting new idents and no response was given.

So from what's been said, the globe is coming back, with a complete refresh of the circles. They've already reached to directors and branding companies about the new branding. Hopefully sooner or later the branding is refreshed for One.

Do you have a Direct link?

Sure, here are some clicky link thingy's:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=84278107&postcount=40

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=84279782&postcount=45

And if you want to view the whole thread:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2184336&page=2

The only element of doubt I have is that the poster I referred is currently an "inactive" member which suggests they've been banned.
:-(
A former member
Thank you very much.
BA
bilky asko
It all seems extremely fishy to me.
JB
JasonB
Jonny posted:
Oh. My. God.

Tumble Tower runs the BBC...

Looks like someone's taken up his idea of BBC channel naming.

I wonder if he's getting royalty's for use of his coding?
BR
Brekkie

Fishes swimming in circles presumably.
PI
picard
Wicko posted:
There is a poster on Digital Spy who gave us pretty accurate running commentaries on the Mary Berry/Paul Hollywood situation and is in a position within broadcasting that gives them a standard of knowledge. They have said that the BBC are indeed planning a refresh for BBC1 once the new Charter begins next year. It is apparently a continuation of the circle theme but with a different approach - including globe related idents.

Obviously I take this with a pinch of salt as even those who claim to be "in the know" are often not "in the know" at all, but I didn't dismiss their comments as nonsense either. I guess we'll have to wait and see. If you want to see the posts yourselves, nip across to DS and search for the "BBC One Idents" thread in Broadcasting.

I hope this is true, the globe should return.
MM
MMcG198
There was a distinct absence of ECP graphics last night on BBC One network. I'm sure there's a technical reason for this - rather than it being down to a policy change.
JB
JasonB
Wicko posted:
There is a poster on Digital Spy who gave us pretty accurate running commentaries on the Mary Berry/Paul Hollywood situation and is in a position within broadcasting that gives them a standard of knowledge. They have said that the BBC are indeed planning a refresh for BBC1 once the new Charter begins next year. It is apparently a continuation of the circle theme but with a different approach - including globe related idents.

Obviously I take this with a pinch of salt as even those who claim to be "in the know" are often not "in the know" at all, but I didn't dismiss their comments as nonsense either. I guess we'll have to wait and see. If you want to see the posts yourselves, nip across to DS and search for the "BBC One Idents" thread in Broadcasting.

Those rumors sound a bit Callum Precious to me.....
WO
Worzel

Fishes swimming in circles presumably.

You got it. Laughing

AE
Aerial
There was a distinct absence of ECP graphics last night on BBC One network. I'm sure there's a technical reason for this - rather than it being down to a policy change.

Well, if it's good enough for UTV to live without... Wink
RE
Rex
Wicko posted:

Precious has been longing for the balloons to come back and makes fictitious fantasies of the BBC, through the various amounts of bats*** crazy crap he posts. Here's one of these ghastly tweets...

He's clearly been playing too much GTA 4...

On topic, a combination of the globe and circle motifs would be great. The circle symbolising the coming together of everything and the globe representing the very norms of what BBC One stands for, feels appropriate as both are extremely strong brands.
WI
Wicko
Wicko posted:

I don't think it's Callum Precious. The spelling and wording is always grammatically correct!

Newer posts