TV Home Forum

The Wales Thread

(January 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
OH
ohwhatanight Founding member
So it has been confirmed that my tv set has been going 'black' today! Thanks

I wonder what the problems are this time!?

HTV could easily network welsh-toned-down versions of The Ferret, Talking Stones, Crime Secrets and adapt other traditional welsh based series like Shape of Wales, Coast to Coast and even Bricabrac.

Birdwatcher could fill an afternoon slot network-wise without much change!

PS who presented the main HTV bulletin today been as Lucy was at Builth Wells!?
JE
Jez Founding member
ohwhatanight posted:

It was Steve Taylor who presented it alone last night with Lucy live from the Royal Welsh show
OH
ohwhatanight Founding member
Jez posted:
ohwhatanight posted:

It was Steve Taylor who presented it alone last night with Lucy live from the Royal Welsh show

WOW - the second singularly presented HTV bulletin this year.

Cheap skates you'd thought they would have got Tara in or somebody!
It just doesnt feel right with one person in that laaarge studio!

What did the announcement say introducing the news???
WH
Whataday Founding member
The daytime ident linked into the Lunchtime News.
JE
Jez Founding member
ohwhatanight posted:
Jez posted:
ohwhatanight posted:

WOW - the second singularly presented HTV bulletin this year.

Cheap skates you'd thought they would have got Tara in or somebody!
It just doesnt feel right with one person in that laaarge studio!

What did the announcement say introducing the news???

It said "From HTV, the National News of Wales"

Technically it was both Steve and Lucy who presented but she was presenting her part of it from the Royal Welsh not the studio

They also had Emma Jesson on the HTV Wales weather rather than James Wright yesterday

Jon and Lucy are both back on the 6pm program tonight Very Happy
TV
TVDragon
Jez posted:

I suggest that was the best plan really, to have two presenters to cover the main story in the country at the moment, the conviction of Mike Baldwin -- a story HTV have very closely covered for over a year. With exclusive interviews etc, I daresay it'll take up most of the programme.

I've never seen the daytime ident in the Wales variety. I think it is one of the better ones of the set.
JE
Jez Founding member
TVDragon posted:
Jez posted:

I suggest that was the best plan really, to have two presenters to cover the main story in the country at the moment, the conviction of Mike Baldwin -- a story HTV have very closely covered for over a year. With exclusive interviews etc, I daresay it'll take up most of the programme.

Yes the top story tonight is the Mike Baldwin murder conviction - Chief Report Andy Collinson followed the story - along with Justina who has been following it since the beginning.

Maybe now we will get Justina back on GMTV bulletins, now this story is over? Although I doubt it as they seem keen for her to do mostly reporting
SW
swanseas-sound
Loads of local programs on HTV Wales tonight :-

1930 - Talking Stones (and there will be a webchat straight afterwards with Lionel Fanthorpe!)

2230 - Caroline Street - Documentary on Cardiff's 'chip alley' Caroline Street

2300 - BattleSchool - first of a new series of an army barracks documentary

2330 - One in Six - providing an insight into the lives of disabled people living in Wales today.

ENJOY Smile
:-(
A former member
Err, I hope I'm not the only person who reads this thread, that actually thinks that those people who plan their daily lives around watching HTV / ITV-1 Wales programmes are incredibly sad?

I've been quite self-restrained in the past, but 200+ pages of absolute tripe about who is presenting HTV News is starting to give me a nervous facial twitch everytime I browse this thread.

Does it really matter who presents HTV News? Will your life come crashing down if you dare to miss a regional programme?

The answer is no.

I was in Comet yesterday trying to get my mobile fixed. As I waited at the counter for the assistant, the rows of TV's on the wall next to me suddenly had HTV News on them. I thought to myself: "I bet the Wales Thread gang are gonna cum any moment now..."

'Obsessive' is an understatement.
SW
swanseas-sound
Were the people in Comet wearing blue or red t-shirts?
BC
broadband cowboy
swanseas-sound posted:
Were the people in Comet wearing blue or red t-shirts?

With white splashes ?
BC
broadband cowboy
Jamez posted:

I've been quite self-restrained in the past, but 200+ pages of absolute tripe about who is presenting HTV News is starting to give me a nervous facial twitch everytime I browse this thread.

It's better than having a nervous wrist twitch during the news like the other forummers ( cockney rhyming slang ? ).
Let's face it , it's pretty sad when the pages of your TV TIMES are stuck together. Come on ( geddit ?) Jez , own up !!!
Razz Razz

Newer posts