TV Home Forum

BBC Three

(July 2012)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
jarroddaniel1
Hi Smile I'm new here.

Anyway, looking at BBC Parliament on my Freeview box, I haven't even got a standard message, or test card broadcasting. It's just a blank black screen. However i've had the BBC 3 Screen all day.
:-(
A former member
[media:8fbd7f8824]http://up.metropol247.co.uk/Andrew%20Wood/BBC3-2012-ID-BIRDBOX-1.mp4[/media:8fbd7f8824]

Don't know how accurate the comment was, but it's a nice gesture - and a fully uncut ident too.
JA
JAS84
First time a BBC Three CA has ever said "Good morning"? Yeah, that's an accurate statement.
A former member
JAS84 posted:
So since BBC Three is going be broadcasting for more of the day now, does this mean there will be more 60 Seconds bulletins?

Good lord, surely they won't be continuing with 60 Seconds during their Olympic coverage? That will be annoying.

Pretty sure that ALL BBC Three programming (just like most BBC One shows), at least before midnight, is pre-empted for the duration, therefore, yeah, no 60 Seconds.

Not quite correct, quoting from the BBC Trust decision on Olympic services:
Quote:
The BBC plans to extend the hours of BBC Three into daytime and to dedicate the channel predominately to Olympic coverage (although it will retain its hourly news bulletins and revert to its regular (non-Olympic) schedule at 23:00hrs ) from just before until just after the Games (19 July to 12 August 2012).

I'm trying to find out where it says that BBC Three must show 60 Seconds outside of its normal scheduled operating hours - as it's not as if it shows it after midnight anyway, so why show it before 7pm?
SW
SWatson7
I'm trying to find out where it says that BBC Three must show 60 Seconds outside of its normal scheduled operating hours - as it's not as if it shows it after midnight anyway, so why show it before 7pm?

For Olympic updates? I doubt they'll be showing much, if any, news content in them just like when they do the occasional 'specials' with a full bulletin dedicated to showbiz or sport.
BR
Brekkie
It's driving me mad - especially earlier when BBC1 took a break for the news so switched over to BBC3 and they did exactly the same thing, with minutes of trailers either side. I'm sure it's just bad timing on my part but everytime I switch over they seem to be showing trailers or 60 Seconds.

BTW, did BBC3 show 60 Seconds at all during their Euro 2012 matches, and indeed any other previous games. I wouldn't really have watched them myself but can't recall anyone mentioning 60 Seconds airing at half time.
OV
Orry Verducci
Interestingly (I don't think its been mentioned elsewhere), BBC HD are also showing 60 seconds, complete with the rest of BBC Three's presentation, ident included.
DO
dosxuk
Interestingly (I don't think its been mentioned elsewhere), BBC HD are also showing 60 seconds, complete with the rest of BBC Three's presentation, ident included.

And on a similar note, the sport website now links to a "BBC Two HD" stream when they've got BBC2 coverage on. Does this mean that the channels have now moved to having HD playout as standard?
VM
VMPhil

Are they showing the BBC Three DOG as well? They use it to indicate how long there is left until the bulletin ends by extending the length of the 'e' tail.
OV
Orry Verducci
And on a similar note, the sport website now links to a "BBC Two HD" stream when they've got BBC2 coverage on. Does this mean that the channels have now moved to having HD playout as standard?

Can't speak for BBC Two but I believe BBC One does now have fully HD playout, with BBC Three currently using the former BBC One playout chain to run 24/7. The lack of the BBC One HD DOG since last week definitely supports that.

Are they showing the BBC Three DOG as well? They use it to indicate how long there is left until the bulletin ends by extending the length of the 'e' tail.

No they're not.
NS
NickyS Founding member

BBC HD have their own DOG and the "e" tail is always added by BBC Three presentation so it looks the same on Three as it always does but is "clean" on BBC HD.
A former member
the "e" tail is always added by BBC Three presentation

And just occasionally it goes a little wrong...

http://www.theidentgallery.com/misc/misc/BBC3_PRES_MISTAKE.mp4

Newer posts