TV Home Forum

BBC Three

(July 2012)

VM
VMPhil Granada North West Today
From that first year I distinctly remember that they renamed themselves for one day as 'BBC 03/03/03'... and being disappointed when BBC Four didn't do the same a year later!
IS
Inspector Sands
I thought I'd just say Happy 11th Birthday to BBC Three for today (9th Feb).

And here's the first 10 minutes of BBC Three:

50 days later

PA
paul_hadley London London
The EastEnders repeat pushed to 1.10am tonight / tomorrow morning so no mention on the endboard of tonight's episode:

Not sure why it's got an odd time tonight?
WA
watchingtv Anglia (East) Look East
I noticed the the last two eps of Pramface were moved to a different night of the week in a double bill to finish of the series last week. And the complete new series of Wilfred all aired after midnight with I think at least the last 4 eps crammed in between midnight and 2am altogether.

What is BBC Three doing with its schedules?
My contribution is small but you are welcome.
CG
Charlie Gough Wales Wales Today
I noticed the the last two eps of Pramface were moved to a different night of the week in a double bill to finish of the series last week. And the complete new series of Wilfred all aired after midnight with I think at least the last 4 eps crammed in between midnight and 2am altogether.

What is BBC Three doing with its schedules?

The same happened with Bluestone 42 last week. BBC Three showed the final two episodes of the series back-to-back on Thursday. I don't understand their reason for doing this, as they're showing a repeat of Russell Howard's Good News in the same slot this week.
ES
Ebeneezer Scrooge
Well they've got to do something to massage the iplayer figures haven't they?! Especially now they are committing a whole channel to it!
CG
Anyone else notice the error on BBC Three a few minutes ago? The 60 Seconds news timer didn't show during news bulletins, but appeared throughout the following trailers.

( Rewind to 00:08 ) www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcthree
LL
London Lite Recently warned London London
The Call Centre's Nev Wilshire did joint continuity with Jen Long this evening as part of the return of the reality series.

Jen also did an online piece for BBC Three's YouTube page at Nev's workplace in Swansea. You'll notice her Welsh accent comes out which it doesn't during CA duties.

JO
Jon Central (West) Midlands Today

Jen also did an online piece for BBC Three's YouTube page at Nev's workplace in Swansea. You'll notice her Welsh accent comes out which it doesn't during CA duties.

Only when she's mimicking someone else. Confused

22 days later

CG
BBC Three's move from TV to online is 'not definite', according to BBC Trust member Richard Ayre.
www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/news/a567865/bbc-three-closure-not-definite-says-trustee
WP
WillPS
That isn't news. We knew the BBC Trust had not green lit the idea yet.
JO
Jon Central (West) Midlands Today
That isn't news. We knew the BBC Trust had not green lit the idea yet.

Of course we knew it wasn't for certain, and many still don't believe it will happen. But these are significant words because someone who's part of that decision making process is questioning it publicly for the first time. Also the majority of young people just think "BBC Three is closing down" and don't understand the process that is taking place, so it's at least worth Digital Spy posting the article as I'd say that audience is in general probably a lot less knowledgable when it comes to how these BBC decisions work.

Newer posts