TV Home Forum

The X Factor

Matt Cardle Wins & Gets Xmas No.1 (August 2010)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
ozsat posted:
Just had an update from ITV scheduling and the episode of The X-Factor scheduled for Sat 28th Aug (episode 2) has been replaced by episode 3.

Also says details of new episode 3 still being reviewed.

I think that they hadn't decided which order to run with anyway, hence why the 'coming up next week' sequence has been scrapped in favour of 'coming up this series'.
BR
Brekkie
Judging by last nights show - bring back the auto-tune!

Seriously sick of the press unpicking every post-production technique in the book. It's not fakery - it's done for a reason - to make the show better for the viewer.
JO
Joe
every post-production technique in the book

You mean... one? A pretty big one? Tuning on a singing show? You're right. Sickening.
NE
newsatten

Seriously sick of the press unpicking every post-production technique in the book. It's not fakery - it's done for a reason - to make the show better for the viewer.

I have to agree there was a lot of background noise when singing , which I think the post production gets out!
Plus if say your've got one of the best singers ever and they make one bum note. I don't mind them editting out that bum note to improve the overal performance!
JO
Joe
But the bum note is an important part of the performance.

If I wrote a fantastic novel, perfect in every way, but on one page there was a large swear word and a rude diagram, it may get rejected from the publisher. You then ask me why it got rejected, and I give you the novel to read - but without the offending page. Clearly, you haven't got the full picture, and are unable to see what the publishers saw.

Obviously, slightly different, but you can surely see my point.
BR
Brekkie

I think you've actually just proved the case for it!
JO
Joe

Err - how?
PT
Put The Telly On

Err - how?

I didn't understand that either. You can't excuse the use of autotune at an audition whatever the case may be.
JO
Joe
I didn't understand that either. You can't excuse the use of autotune at an audition whatever the case may be.

My tale of the publishers, or Brekkie thinking it supported his argument?
PT
Put The Telly On

My tale of the publishers, or Brekkie thinking it supported his argument?

The latter.
GS
Gavin Scott Founding member

Yes because any fool knows that people don't mind being tricked into paying a pound per vote for a singer they think is *deservedly talented* - provided they're "entertained". I mean, that's just common sense.

What's more, any viewer who legitimately feels cheated by this revelation very much enjoys it when you dismiss their concern by suggesting their problem doesn't actually exist and is a fiction created by "the press"

So that's all right then.
JC
JCB
Quote:

I'm sure you'd think differently if it was a BBC show.

Newer posts