Media Websites

t|v|a: archive or t|v|a: today...over 11 years in the making

(April 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NW
nwtv2003
I'm dead sure Granada aired that same millennium ident too, although it was only used for 2 days, they did air it. Although as said even though Christmas 1999 was the same on Granada/Yorkshire/Tyne Tees, it made a nice change considering the Generic look had only been on air for less than a couple of months.

By the looks of it the idents were designed by Ballistix, who were based at Yorkshire Television, I do recall they made a few more idents that never made it to air during this period.
AB
ashley b Founding member
By the looks of it the idents were designed by Ballistix, who were based at Yorkshire Television, I do recall they made a few more idents that never made it to air during this period.

Indeed, I remeber it featuring on thier website back when it was online. The otherone I remember being on there being the Granada Commonwelth Games ident and another with a new Granda logo (not the traditional G Arrow).

141 days later

VM
VMPhil
Uh oh... account disabled.

http://www.tvarchive.org.uk
TV
TVArchive Founding member
Not as bad as it seems, just taking a break for the weekend after getting hacked again! Will be back soon!

27 days later

VM
VMPhil
Oh, and this has never been mentioned, but t|v|a pratically has the same name as a certain other site (*cough*TV Ark*cough) just written in a different way. Razz
RO
rob Founding member
Oh, and this has never been mentioned, but t|v|a pratically has the same name as a certain other site (*cough*TV Ark*cough) just written in a different way. Razz

The 'A' actually stands for Archive...
TV
Thanks Rob. Yes, the site was originally called TV Archive, however i gave the name change in 2003 in order to get away from the closeness with the TV Ark name. I don't see what the problem is though, we both offer high quality video content! (with exception to myself at the moment, still working on getting the site back online without hacker opportunities!)

13 days later

TV
t|v|a is back up and running as normal. Running two back-up servers also to make transitions after attacks quicker also.

Enjoy the 1700+ videos available on the site!
VM
VMPhil
Fantastic, I love being able to see the unused 1999 ITV hearts.

Were they not made in widescreen?
:-(
A former member
I just with to point out small change that need to be done:

Scottish television area: and the 1989 ITV Generic Style,

date on the site: 4th Sep. 1989 - Early 1990

alas it never made the full 4 months! best guess to be on the conservative side would be November/ December 1989. the proof; http://www.youtube.com/user/TheBryan61383 this person account which is full of 1989 videos which have New 1990 ident in use in 1989.

at least this one is dated from December 1989: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2IrvMncMw4

Stv hated these piece and dropped them as fast as central,
TV
Updated the Scottish pages to reflect this information. To be fair, the pages were originally written in 2001, pre You-Tube evidence. Might just have to spend an evening watching YouTube instead of regular TV!
:-(
A former member
Updated the Scottish pages to reflect this information. To be fair, the pages were originally written in 2001, pre You-Tube evidence. Might just have to spend an evening watching YouTube instead of regular TV!

I Wasn't having a go, It just wish to give you the correct upto date info, it's a shame others don't take note!

Newer posts