The Newsroom

ITV News

Split from ITV News 2013 Rebrand (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BA
Ballyboy
Ranvir at Ten has a ring to it
JE
Jez Founding member
Ranvir at Ten tonight!

Is this the first time Ranvir has presented News At Ten? I thought Nina was the only deputy presenter with Tom, Julie and Rageh as the main presenters. I don't recall Mary presenting News at Ten since it went to a single presenter. She used to be the main deputy for Julie when there were two presenters. Julie used to cover for Mary on the Evening News too but that doesn't happen any more and Charlene and Ranvir seem to be the main deputy presenters.
JW
JamesWorldNews
Ranvir has presented News at Ten before.
NE
Newsroom
Ranvir has presented News at Ten before.

Etchingham over anyone....any day. Brady was possibly one of the most misfire moves in tv news history, FACT!

The proof was in the pudding and nobody wants pudding (afters) anymore. Ditch the dead wood and get on with things.

And NO, I am not a fan of Tom Bradby, never have been. He's got that royal link, but that's it. Public agree too!
BA
Ballyboy
I’d never liked Tom because of how he told us about the Genoa bridge disaster in 2018
LondonViewer, Custard56 and Newsroom gave kudos
MA
Meridian AM
Tom doesn't do it as much anymore, right?
Whenever I've seen it recently it's been Julie.
Julie is much better than Tom and Rageh.
UN
Universal_r
Wasn’t sure if Ranvir was being phased out of ITN what with Lucrezia and Charlene being seemingly favoured deputy presenters of Lunchtime and Evening.

Does Tom no longer front Ten full-time? Rageh seems to appear more often.

I think he might be on holiday because Mary hasn’t been on The evening news either.
UN
Universal_r
Unpopular opinion here but I actually like Tom presenting he brings a bit of character to the news.
Alfie Mulcahy, fanoftv and Larry the Loafer gave kudos
GM
GMc
Unpopular opinion here but I actually like Tom presenting he brings a bit of character to the news.

We don't need "character" on a news bulletin. We need unbiased, impartial presentation with no personal opinion from the newscaster. We also don't need to be patronised.
UN
Universal_r
GMc posted:

We don't need "character" on a news bulletin. We need unbiased, impartial presentation with no personal opinion from the newscaster. We also don't need to be patronised.

I think toms style works well with the ten it definitely wouldn’t work with the lunchtime and evening.
CA
Capybara
I'm not a fan of Tom's style of delivery. It's very informal, less like a news broadcast on public television and more like a mate telling you about something they read online.
CM
cmthwtv
I'm not a fan of Tom's style of delivery. It's very informal, less like a news broadcast on public television and more like a mate telling you about something they read online.

Is that not the point of him though? I watch BBC Ten, however have dipped in and out of ITV before. His style is not to the liking of many, however, it isn't just someone who they've pulled in last minute. The "controversial" approach by NAT has been adopted and provides an alternative to the BBC.
Meridian AM and Universal_r gave kudos

Newer posts