The Newsroom

ITV News

Split from ITV News 2013 Rebrand (January 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JE
Jez Founding member
I have a idea. instead of the local weather forecast there should be a bulletin of national and regional news just before 4pm

Have the regional weather bulletins returned mid morning and 4pm then? I think these are quite pointless and possibly only there for sponsorship reasons. Id love to see more and longer regional bulletins during the daytime on ITV but I cant see it happening.
Alfie Mulcahy, Brekkie and Ballyboy gave kudos
BA
Ballyboy
Not yet. if you may remember there was a mid morning national and regional news bulletin + weather during this morning until February 2009 when it was axed
JW
JamesWorldNews
Lucrezia Millarini with both the Lunchtime and the Early Evening today. For those in the rota department.
RN
Rolling News
Not yet. if you may remember there was a mid morning national and regional news bulletin + weather during this morning until February 2009 when it was axed

It's a long time since I was a regular This Morning viewer. For some reason I thought that still existed!
UN
Universal_r
Does anyone know why the news is 40 minutes long tonight?
BA
Ballyboy
Oh?
GM
GMc
Probably includes an ad break. I see they are using normal ITV News branding, as opposed to News at Ten - makes much more sense, since the bulletin started after 11pm.
BA
Ballyboy
They did it before a few months back, it would be good if they brought back the regional opt outs
RD
RDJ
GMc posted:
Probably includes an ad break. I see they are using normal ITV News branding, as opposed to News at Ten - makes much more sense, since the bulletin started after 11pm.

They generally tend to do that should the bulletin start at 11pm or later. Otherwise NAT branding is used within the 10pm hour.

And a rare full scale ad break is indeed in the middle which is leading to its 40 minute runtime, probably because there were minimal if any ad breaks during the preceding Stephen Lawrence drama.
GM
GMc
RDJ posted:
GMc posted:

They generally tend to do that should the bulletin start at 11pm or later. Otherwise NAT branding is used within the 10pm hour.

It was a few years ago now, but when ITV used to show Champions League highlights at 10pm on Wednesdays, the bulletin was delayed until 11pm every week, but still branded as News at Ten. Of course during "The Nightly Show" period when the bulletin was at 10.30, it was ITV News branded, but using News at Ten-style titles and the big ben face on the right-hand wall.
bkman1990 and Ballyboy gave kudos
JW
JamesWorldNews
Ranvir at Ten tonight!
LondonViewer and Ballyboy gave kudos
BE
Benjamin1
Wasn’t sure if Ranvir was being phased out of ITN what with Lucrezia and Charlene being seemingly favoured deputy presenters of Lunchtime and Evening.

Does Tom no longer front Ten full-time? Rageh seems to appear more often.

Newer posts