The Newsroom

BBC Breakfast - 16th July onwards

Split from BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Josh

WL
W1LL
According to Garry Owen towards the end of Wales today the regional breakfast bulletins return tomorrow apparently.

Only the nations will have morning opts. Scotland, Wales and NI will have local news meanwhile viewers in England will get a weather forecast.

Will be interesting to see how they handle the link into that. If they wanted to be clever about it, they could copy what GMB did in the early days (where they prerecorded a link for each region to namecheck the local newsreader) and record one for England and one for the other nations, but I can’t imagine them going to the effort to do that
TH
Thistle
W1LL posted:
According to Garry Owen towards the end of Wales today the regional breakfast bulletins return tomorrow apparently.

Only the nations will have morning opts. Scotland, Wales and NI will have local news meanwhile viewers in England will get a weather forecast.

Will be interesting to see how they handle the link into that. If they wanted to be clever about it, they could copy what GMB did in the early days (where they prerecorded a link for each region to namecheck the local newsreader) and record one for England and one for the other nations, but I can’t imagine them going to the effort to do that

The cue for nations to opt will be a time update.
For example: We’ll discuss that shortly and bring you the latest news and weather, but the time now is 6:27 - NATIONS OPT
BA
Ballyboy
Ah right. Thx for clarifying
ST
Stuart
So in England we'll get FOUR national weather forecasts each hour, or they not reinstating the forecast at :15 and :45?
JT
jolly turnip
So in England we'll get FOUR national weather forecasts each hour, or they not reinstating the forecast at :15 and :45?

Nations news only on the half hours, so I guess three
AN
Andrew Founding member

I’m guessing the weather will stay in the same place, so the nation’s will only get one weather
ST
Stuart

I’m guessing the weather will stay in the same place, so the nation’s will only get one weather

When the regional opts were removed, the altered the weather to :27 and :57 to allow for a natural break. That's why I asked if they were being reinstated to their former times.

I haven't really been watching Breakfast lately, so not sure if they'd moved the weather around again.
BR
Brekkie
Back to the people in the studio debate to and I guess keeping the sports presenter in the sports studio helps with giving the presenters a brief break too rather than having them back in the studio.
RN
Rolling News
Back to the people in the studio debate to and I guess keeping the sports presenter in the sports studio helps with giving the presenters a brief break too rather than having them back in the studio.

It's also an opportunity to see a decent studio being used for a few minutes.
MC
mccanmat
I just watched yesterday’s on iPlayer to see how they handled the nations opt.... to viewers in England is must seem strange at first saying the time and then a awkward pause whilst the others opt
SW
Steve Williams
It's also an opportunity to see a decent studio being used for a few minutes.

I'm sorry to spoil people's fun here, but they're not in the sport studio, they're in the newsroom.

Newer posts