TV Home Forum

Oneness on lockdown - new idents for BBC One

Split from BBC Oneness - idents and presentation (April 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
SP
Steve in Pudsey
The tea one is the weakest of the lot, but I guess they need something fairly neutral for the news safe one.

The football one is actually quite good, there's a bit of creativity there in the ball passing between the shots.
FL
Flux
I think they're fine.
(Someone has to, I guess.)

I also think they're fine. Just fine. They're temporary, so they were never going to put a lot of resource into them. Now I'm just hoping we never return to the regular 'Oneness' idents and that BBC Creative are currently brainstorming and pooling resources into launching something brand new when the UK does finally open up fully again. They probably have quite some time. The way to celebrate lockdown being over shouldn't be a return to half naked, freezing swimmers staring grimly at everyone!
:-(
A former member
'In bloom, across the UK' shown at 5.15pm on BBC ONE Wales today.

Video: http://tig.gy/?W8B17
BR
Brekkie
A bit better as you can what they're trying to do but adding an extra few images to fill the screen would make all the difference.
WH
Whataday Founding member
I replaced the black void with the new BBC Wales ident:

MO
Moz
I actually think the black looks fine. Why do screens need to be filled? The shape of the ‘tiles’ looks good and is shown off better with a contrasting background.

But...

Only one of these idents works. The footy one. All of the isolated people are linked by the ball. It ties them all together. Without that, they are nothing.

The flowers one could have had a bee moving between the tiles.

They could have had runners with a similar red bus passing them all.
MarkT76, Spencer and Juicy Joe gave kudos
MO
Moz

New BBC Wales ident?
BR
Brekkie

That works quite well. The tea one is so lazy though - could at least have a kettle pouring from one to another, teaspoons being passed from one to the next and when they all show it looking like they could be on the same table.
BR
Brekkie
The tea one is the weakest of the lot.

And nobody likes weak tea.
:-(
A former member
Moz posted:
New BBC Wales ident?

Yep, the short sting that BBC Wales play out before their productions. Not usually seen outside of Wales.
BR
Brekkie
Moz posted:
New BBC Wales ident?

Yep, the short sting that BBC Wales play out before their productions. Not usually seen outside of Wales.

As seen here:
Not sure how new it is but the BBC Cymru Wales splash at the beginning of promos is one of the nicest bits of BBC presentation around.

Is it this one?

Yeah it's lovely.
PF
PFML84
Reminds me of Channel 5’s 2002 look.

JetixFann450 and fanoftv gave kudos

Newer posts