The Newsroom

New Zealand Terror Attacks

(March 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
why did the BBC not send someone from Singapore?
NE
News96
why did the BBC not send someone from Singapore?

Funny you should say that! Sharanjit Leyl is also there as well!
LL
London Lite Founding member
ITV News Africa Correspondent John Ray is also there.
RN
Rolling News
Whatever happened to Michael Peschart?

Think he does a lot of freelance work in Australia these days. I used to like him as occasional relief on Breakfast around 10-15 years ago, him along with Noel Thompson were great. So much better than the likes of Roger Johnson and Chris Mason.
BR
Brekkie
Erm it's a bit late to be sending Clive Myrie on location to Christchurch is it not?

I thought the BBC had stopped sending anchors on location.
NE
News96
Clearly not! but any how it maybe a good job they did in this case as i've just seen that the death toll just has increased to 50.

AS
AlexS
Clearly not! but any how it maybe a good job they did in this case as i've just seen that the death toll just has increased to 50.

As tragic as this is I really don't think one additional death adds much to the story (and was almost expected with the number of seriously injured).
DV
dvboy
Erm it's a bit late to be sending Clive Myrie on location to Christchurch is it not?

Well it is a long trip, just under 24 hours at best.
GM
Gary McEwan

Sharanjit Leyl is now live in Christchurch for World News Today.
LX
lxflyer
Hywel Griffith, the BBC Sydney Correspondent has been reporting from Christchurch, as has their permanent reporter in Sydney, Phil Mercer.

Stephen McDonell their China Correspondent is providing cover in Sydney.
Last edited by lxflyer on 16 March 2019 11:07pm - 2 times in total
WO
Worzel

Sharanjit Leyl is now live in Christchurch for World News Today.

She was reporting from there during the early hours of this morning too.
LL
London Lite Founding member
CBSN showed footage from the alleged attackers Go Pro. Seems not all broadcasters are playing ball.

Newer posts