TV Home Forum

The Big Breakfast

Where life used to start at 7. (January 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WH
Whataday Founding member
Looks exactly like the floor plan of the hall/kitchen to me.

32 days later

JB
JasonB
A rare interview with Paul Ross on an outside broadcast from 1993:

paul_hadley and mannewskev gave kudos

55 days later

WH
Whataday Founding member
Anyone recognise the opening shot of Stonehenge from Karl Pilkington's Moaning Of Life?

I guess the 96 break bumpers used stock footage and only a small part was shot specifically. Makes slightly more sense that they didn't rush to use them in the titles if they didn't cost as much as they looked.
BR
Brekkie
In a way makes even less sense. I wonder how long in the planning the 1996 revamp actually was - presumably wasn't on the cards when Zoe began in January, though then again if that was the case makes little sense they didn't freshen up the titles then.

Talking of titles after the discussions in the Carlton thread I'm assuming the 1997 titles were 100% real.
WH
Whataday Founding member
In a way makes even less sense. I wonder how long in the planning the 1996 revamp actually was - presumably wasn't on the cards when Zoe began in January, though then again if that was the case makes little sense they didn't freshen up the titles then.

Talking of titles after the discussions in the Carlton thread I'm assuming the 1997 titles were 100% real.

Yes, literally breakfast items on wires (apart from the tea bags), shot against a blue screen and mostly animated using a vision mixer. The tea bags were entirely animated using a vision mixer.
FA
fanoftv

Now I can picture the empty utensils, dishes and cutlery at the start being on wires, but the food items flying towards the house are too?
ST
steddenm
In Belfast...

paul_hadley and DE88 gave kudos
WH
Whataday Founding member
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYqEAbcFwsI

Now I can picture the empty utensils, dishes and cutlery at the start being on wires, but the food items flying towards the house are too?

Against blue screen though. They are painted out.

51 days later

JB
JasonB
Finally, a decent quality version of the 1996 fly-out titles complete with endcap! From 06:14:

BillyH and watchingtv gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
Depressing to think that C4's constant reruns of King of Queens and Everybody Loves Raymond have now been running longer than The Big Breakfast - and indeed almost as long as all C4's breakfast shows combined.
FA
fanoftv
It is, and whilst I'd love to see a programme like the big breakfast in the morning, most people who don't want news dominated programmes listen to radio or watch recorded programmes/on demand. For Channel 4 as long as they're getting a similar amount of viewers it keeps the advertisers happy for a much lower cost.
BR
Brekkie
It is, and whilst I'd love to see a programme like the big breakfast in the morning, most people who don't want news dominated programmes listen to radio or watch recorded programmes/on demand.

Because they have no choice.

Newer posts