TV Home Forum

BBC One 2016 Christmas Presentation

Viewers introduce Christmas Day shows (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DP
D.Page
The whole set, as aired on Northern Ireland yesterday.

(Mark Simpson and Paul Buckle provide occasional extra anno.)

Last edited by D.Page on 26 December 2016 9:20pm
:-(
A former member
NI aired a 'Frozen' sting (what you are preferring to call a companion introduction), as well as the ident, whereas Network used the ident only.

I think you'll find Network did use a companion introduction for Frozen...

http://theident.gallery/player.php?id=BBC1-2016-XMAS-ID-VIEWERS-1-FROZEN-1
DP
D.Page
NI aired a 'Frozen' sting (what you are preferring to call a companion introduction), as well as the ident, whereas Network used the ident only.

I think you'll find Network did use a companion introduction for Frozen...

http://theident.gallery/player.php?id=BBC1-2016-XMAS-ID-VIEWERS-1-FROZEN-1

I thought that was odd. On further investigation, it turns out my hard drive recording of the 3.10pm junction became partially corrupted and I lost part of it. Presumably it was placed at the head of the junction.
CR
Critique
Very nice to see a little goodbye montage after Bake Off - did the BBC do this themselves or is it something that they could get Love Productions to do? I would have guessed the BBC put the effort in, based on how the clip of Mary at the end has the background music from the original episode still in it.
JA
james-2001
I imagine Love Productions wouldn't have done it, they won't want to be acting as if the show's ending. They'll want to act as if it's continuing as if nothing's happened and the show's continuing as normal.
CR
Critique
I imagine Love Productions wouldn't have done it, they won't want to be acting as if the show's ending. They'll want to act as if it's continuing as if nothing's happened and the show's continuing as normal.

Yes I assumed that Love probably wouldn't want to do it, but equally that it might not prevent them from doing it/the BBC may have been able to force their hand. The four cakes were inside the Bake Off tent, which is what made me think Love may have done it.
AS
Asa Admin
And a good period of black at the end - it was like a proper mourning!

For those that didn't see it, there was also a one off ident (styled as a sting though) featuring four presents in the tent at the start of the programme.

And unrelated, a couple of the final junctions lately have had firstname only name checks which sound a bit odd, bit formal to do full names these days?! (including BBC Two who seem to generally not bother with an ident into the barker)
A former member
Asa posted:
For those that didn't see it, there was also a one off ident (styled as a sting though) featuring four presents in the tent at the start of the programme.

See previous page for a still
A former member
To complement that pic is there are unboxed used from the promo after the show:

Has this 'four boxes' ident used in to Bake Off been shown before? It feels familiar.

http://tig.gy/?m=BBC1-4BOX-1.jpg
AS
Asa Admin
The whole set, as aired on Northern Ireland yesterday.

I feel as though I shouldn't like them, but really do. They're well done, charming and quite refreshing. Kudos for bothering to do Nations' versions too. Surprised to see one for The Queen - we have come a long way from a formal clock introduction!

I still think the oneness tag is very marketingee but I wouldn't mind seeing these scattered through the schedule.

Maybe we can all perfect our "through the night now with the BBC News channel"?
Josh, Critique and Brekkie gave kudos
DP
D.Page
The Great British Bake Off ident

Network version:

NI version:

Closing Trail:
Last edited by D.Page on 27 December 2016 11:42am
JO
Joe
'Seven years on BBC One' - inaccurate

Newer posts