TV Home Forum

BBC One 2016 Christmas Presentation

Viewers introduce Christmas Day shows (December 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DB
dbl

So, these are not poor in production value? The mind boggles.

They are far superior and thought has clearly been put into each one - they're not just random folk in random locations introducing random shows.

The main idents have the feeling of somebody forgetting to make the Xmas idents and having to find something that'll do the job an hour before the deadline.

How much thought does it take to stick a group of people together with a few Corgis and say 'now on BBC1'?

A lot actually - if you've ever been on set for a promo then you'd understand. If you're criticising the concept, then that's fair, but in terms of actually filming, a lot goes into it.
:-(
A former member
Do we have a full list of the idents used/created? I was never really look most of the time since it xmas Wink
DP
D.Page
Do we have a full list of the idents used/created? I was never really look most of the time since it xmas Wink

I captured all of them (via Network and NI - No Scotland or Wales versions, I'm afraid!).

I'll put them all together and upload as one continuous compilation, when I have some time.
DP
D.Page
I don't believe I was arrogant. I was merely suggesting that you haven't full considered the amount of preparation needed for the Oneness intros.

Arrogance would be to say you haven't got a clue what you're on about and I have.

Please don't mis-quote me. I said almost.

If you had used the same tone in your last message as you did in this, there would not have been a problem.
Last edited by D.Page on 26 December 2016 4:20pm
A former member

I captured all of them (via Network and NI - No Scotland or Wales versions, I'm afraid!).

I'll put them all together and upload as one continuous compilation, when I have some time.

I have one from Mrs brown boys Wink
A former member
I wonder why only a few of the viewer idents had companion introductions? I was a little surprised Doctor Who only had the ident.

Added to that, the keying of the Oneness logo over the intros was a bit awful when the idents were so smooth!

All the videos are here
Last edited by A former member on 26 December 2016 2:09pm
Brekkie and davidhorman gave kudos
A former member
Has this 'four boxes' ident used in to Bake Off been shown before? It feels familiar.

http://tig.gy/?m=BBC1-4BOX-1.jpg
DP
D.Page
Has this 'four boxes' ident used in to Bake Off been shown before? It feels familiar.

Are you sure you're not thinking of 'The Voice' ? Smile

Network not using a Subtitles flag Shocked
CR
Critique
Just having watched them all on The Ident Gallery, I really liked the viewer idents! They were all nicely set up, looked nice (although slightly odd without the BBC logo) and generally executed pretty well. The only one I wasn't that much of a fan of was the Call the Midwife one, which was a nice idea, let down by the slightly creepy few seconds at the end where some woman clutching pregnant stomachs bounce gently on those balls whilst smiling into the camera! I was worried that they'd make the CA quite redundant, but by scheduling the junction so the CA speaks over clips of the people that will later speak the ident, before a few trailers and then the ident itself, you get the personality of the CA still, which was quite nice.

I definitely wouldn't object to them doing this as the main ident package, but they'd have to film A LOT of them for it to work. For example, IMO you'd need dozens of idents of fans announcing EastEnders, as if it was the exact same person every night saying the exact same words I think it'd get very repetitive very quickly
A former member
Definitely not thinking of The Voice.
A former member
Must have been annoying having to repeat the same line four times. What a nice treat to say good bye from bake off with the cakes.
HC
Hatton Cross
Yeah. Four boxes, Four cakes - saying goodbye to a show off to Channel Four...

Someone over did swigging on the sarcastic irony bottle just before Christmas at BBC One....

Newer posts