The Newsroom

EU Referendum

Presentation of the REF BUT NOT DEBATE OF THE REF (February 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BB
BBI45
Did anybody else notice the "Millbank" live locator on the BBC for the Nicky Morgan DTL, before it was quickly changed to Westminster?

I noticed that. I just thought it was a technical problem. On an unrelated note, polling closed 1h 2min ago, I'm not old enough to vote but I have a Lib Dem ad for Vote Remain. Just a little bit late in my opinion
WL
W1LL
Feel a bit sorry for Tom Bradby and co - they do all the hard work overnight then have to hand over to GMB for the result. Can't understand really now that ITV own the breakfast slot why they didn't let the main coverage run right through.

Didn't Tom head to GMB to host it at the last election?

As I recall, he was billed to present the whole programme however didn't arrive till later as he anchored the ITV News coverage right up to 6am, and then had to make his way from ITN to The London Studios. That's probably why he isn't billed to present GMB this time round.
SC
scottishtv Founding member
I'm not comfortable with anyone other than Rico Hizon throwing to Babita Sharma, not even the great Dimbleby.
gordonthegopher, bilky asko and GMc gave kudos
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
Looks like the graphics from Elstree are a few pixels lower than BH. World had to remove their ticker because it was obscuring part of the results strap and you could see part of the UK ticker underneath.
MA
Maaixuew
Poor pictures on BBC News currently. Very pixelated at present. Almost look as if they're from a mobile phone.
BR
Brekkie
Feel a bit sorry for Tom Bradby and co - they do all the hard work overnight then have to hand over to GMB for the result. Can't understand really now that ITV own the breakfast slot why they didn't let the main coverage run right through.

Didn't Tom head to GMB to host it at the last election?

As I recall, he was billed to present the whole programme however didn't arrive till later as he anchored the ITV News coverage right up to 6am, and then had to make his way from ITN to The London Studios. That's probably why he isn't billed to present GMB this time round.

And this time around Piers Morgan has upped the journalistic credentials.

I can't believe I just typed that.
WH
Whataday Founding member
The BBC didn't take the minute's silence for Jo Cox but ITV did.
RD
rdd Founding member
rdd posted:
UTV Ireland crashed straight from the Ireland Live at Ten endboard into the network feed, and removed their DOG at the same time. (Though UTV NI has kept its).

UTV Ireland DOG came back after 11pm.
FU
fusionlad Founding member
The BBC didn't take the minute's silence for Jo Cox but ITV did.

As did Sky News.
PF
PFML84
Plus ITV's picture quality for OBs is perfect HD, the BBC's is a horrible blocky mess and they seem to be behind with everything. They were talking about Farage was about to come out soon and start talking yet ITV and Sky were already showing him addressing the cameras. As someone who would have watched BBC I may be tempted to switch now to ITV. Couldn't stomach Sky for that awful Burley woman.
SC
scottishtv Founding member
Almost look as if they're from a mobile phone.

..or an iPhone as Dimbleby said. There was also a reference to ASDA shopping trolleys transporting ballot boxes earlier. Nobody mentioned that other smartphones and supermarkets are available.
DA
davidhorman
Almost look as if they're from a mobile phone.

..or an iPhone as Dimbleby said.

It had moments of full motion clarity. I would guess (uneducatedly) that it was streamed over 4G, or something, and there wasn't enough available bandwidth/too much latency.

Newcastle is being shown in a half-box, on-and-off. So far I've caught a thumbs up from one of the team, and just now a couple of "no"-looking waggles.

Newer posts