The Newsroom

EU Referendum

Presentation of the REF BUT NOT DEBATE OF THE REF (February 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GE
Gareth E
Goodness that Ruth Davidson looks comfortable in a studio. Would almost make a decent reporter . . .
AA
Aaron_2015
Flicking between all of the channels, but have found myself staying on ITV. Really liking Bradby's style, he has come on leaps and bounds since last years election. Liking the graphics with the % and the running total, but it could do with the number of counts left to declare coming in once in a while. This may happen later on the morning though.
RD
RDJ
I'm with ITV coverage this evening which I feel has had the right balance overall.

Not quite sure about Tom walking over between the two desks however. I feel they could do with Julie in the studio to lead secondary studio interviews.

I can't see Tom continuing to hop between desk to desk when it's closer to 6am!
GE
Gareth E
Im finding myself straying towards ITV as well.

The only negative for me - they could do with a second presenter (probably Julie Etchingham) in the studio to carry out the analysis interviews - the Maitlis equivalent. Bit of a Bradby-overload as he constantly moves from one set of guests to another. Might be a bit fed up with his face in a few hours.
AA
Aaron_2015
Im finding myself straying towards ITV as well.

The only negative for me - they could do with a second presenter (probably Julie Etchingham) in the studio to carry out the analysis interviews - the Maitlis equivalent. Bit of a Bradby-overload as he constantly moves from one set of guests to another. Might be a bit fed up with his face in a few hours.

I agree, he looks a little uncomfortable striding between desks. Allegra should be given the chance to interview.
MS
msim
Broadcasting House graphics utterly pointless. They might have some merit if it was just a static shot with a graphic that remains on the percentage result only, but the sweeping camera and ridiculous animations mean you get nothing from it - you can't even see the figures when they do appear because they are obscured by the curved shape of the building.
AG
AxG
NRK with a clean feed of the BBC.
GI
ginnyfan
CNNI graphics

SP
Steve in Pudsey
Seems to be a lot of delay on the BBC's OB links, which Dimbleby is trying to fill the silence of and confusing everything.
DV
dvboy
C-SPAN in the USA are showing ITV.
DJ
DJGM
Can't help noticing the main ticker banner on BBC News is a few pixels lower than usual.
SC
scottishtv Founding member
What they've said is that they can't do a sensible percentage until they get a better idea of the turnout nationwide.

Odd decision to me, given they didn't do this for the Scottish referendum - it moved as the results flowed in. Also, if the logic is that you don't have enough data to show anything meaningful, then they wouldn't be showing the raw numbers.

Newer posts