Media Websites

Digital Spy Unveil New Look Website.

September 2015 - Digital Spy Unveils New Look Website! (September 2015)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ED
ExDSStar
Feedback is just a box ticking thing for them as seen with the BBC.

Problem the BBC has is many of it's responders think "don't fix what isn't broken", "how much of my licence fee has this cost" and "why have you stopped supporting my device that's 10 years old and never took off but you still support the latest iphone" are sensible bits of feedback.

I would just tell them to go to the mobile site if the full site doesn't work, But BBC can't do logic.
LL
Larry the Loafer
It's gone live at my end. Have they abolished the comments section? That was really the only outlet where people could complain about the journalism.
BR
Brekkie
Seems they have - on the Beta version it was Facebook only. It's just a huge mess from start to finish - every link they put up on Twitter leads to a 404 page.

And looks like I'm not the only one who was forced into using Adblock by Digital Spy. It was the only way I could read it, and still pretty much is even with Fibre.
CR
Critique
Nice to have a working search for once Thumbs up

Things must be bad on Digital Spy if TV Forum is getting credit for having a working search system!
bkman1990, Brekkie and London Lite gave kudos
JB
JasonB
. Nice to have a working search for once Thumbs up

Shame about the amount of adverts they have to have all over the forums though.
PF
PFML84
I find that going to DigitalSpy.co.uk still gives the old home page, but if you go through the forums, it seems to redirect to the .com address, which has the awful new page. The link at the top left on the fourms, which used to take you to the home page, now takes you to the forum main page, so there's two links to the forums at the top.

Really carefully planned and executed upgrade there guys. Well done. <slow clap>
JA
JAS84
That's not my experience. .co.uk is redirecting to .com for me.
PF
PFML84
Shortly after I posted this, the .co.uk address stopped working and redirected everyone to .com

They've fully ruined the site and the forums. used to be great, not a shadow of its former self.
ED
ExDSStar
Paddy posted:
Shortly after I posted this, the .co.uk address stopped working and redirected everyone to .com

They've fully ruined the site and the forums. used to be great, not a shadow of its former self.

They seem to don't want to do a UK version of the site anymore, No one is bothering to go on the website now apart from the forums which is fine with adblock. Even the forums is ruined by a black bar at the top and a search they can't be bothered to fix Thumbs down
AG
AxG
I've had to change instances of digitalspy.co.uk/forums which now doesn't redirect to forums.digitalspy.co.uk
ED
ExDSStar
AxG posted:
I've had to change instances of digitalspy.co.uk/forums which now doesn't redirect to forums.digitalspy.co.uk

Don't bother, The forums are dead because of the black bar.
DO
dosxuk
As long as it doesn't mean a relocation to these shores, good riddance.

Unless, of course, you're exaggerating and it's actually still running in it's normal disorganised uncomfortable manner.

Newer posts