TV Home Forum

Children In Need-2009

November 20th (November 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
:-(
A former member
CiN has been going down the pan for years, it is a lazy way of making money and how,

BBC puts up crap and we pay to get it off, that about it really. at least BBC scotland try and I MEAN, try to make an effort but of course this does not help by the awful network opt put.
JO
Jon

Let me guess, you've clicked my YouTube icon and indirectly come across me talking to Craig Harper at this year's RCCGB Blackpool Bash at Pleasure Beach Resort Blackpool.

In what town did that take place?
PE
Pete Founding member
at least BBC scotland try and I MEAN, try to make an effort but of course this does not help by the awful network opt put.

are you kidding? BBC Scotland, every year without fail, broadcast a hideous car crash of alan patridge level **** instead of the reasonably slick if a tad unimaginative output from London. If I had been in last night I'd have tuned to 856 or whatever channel the English feed is hidden away on Virgin and watched that instead of the crapfest from Glasgow.

Did they bother to make a new set this year or are they still recycling the old Live and Kicking set from years ago?
A former member
at least BBC scotland try and I MEAN, try to make an effort but of course this does not help by the awful network opt put.

are you kidding? BBC Scotland, every year without fail, broadcast a hideous car crash of alan patridge level **** instead of the reasonably slick if a tad unimaginative output from London. If I had been in last night I'd have tuned to 856 or whatever channel the English feed is hidden away on Virgin and watched that instead of the crapfest from Glasgow.

Did they bother to make a new set this year or are they still recycling the old Live and Kicking set from years ago?

Don't you mean FULLY booked Laughing that is about 10 years old.

Point is that CIn think there can give us crap and we will still give them the money. its ALL songs there no veiratiy to the show anymore. the only reason why I give BBC scotland credit is the fact that most of the context is not all songs
JO
Jon

The second half* of the last series of Live & Kicking was made by BBC Scotland.

*IIRC
A former member

The second half* of the last series of Live & Kicking was made by BBC Scotland.

*IIRC

You didn;t get the bad joke did you Wink

I now about L&K but in all fairness parts of the sets came form Fully booked
DA
David
Put it this way, the first time I recall hearing that song, and quite liking it, was at Tropicana at Weston-super-Mare August Bank Holiday 1987.

What other way is there to put it?

Welcome back Tumble Tower. You have been missed. Please don't stop posting for so long this time.
RU
russnet Founding member
With the above Fully Booked / L&K confusion, here's a link to show that CIN did use some of the set from L&K http://www.saturdaymornings.co.uk/features/lifeafterdeath.shtml
BR
Brekkie
RDJ posted:
£20,309,747 - the final total for the show.

That is of course less than last years total of £21 million, The first time that they've not topped the previous years total in recent years.

If they put some damn effort into the show rather than regurgitating the same old crap (in virtually the same running order) peppered with plug after plug after plug for various pop acts, they might have topped it. Taped it and watch what was worth watching in less than 15 minutes yesterday - and only the Peter Kay thing in full.

They've only got themselves to blame really - Comic Relief put the effort in to make each telethon feel different and they get the results - they were £17m up on 2007! Strictly Children in Need down - no surprise. Bring back Gaby!

I'd been avoiding this thread but see just like Children in Need, Tumble Tower hasn't changed. Indeed he's so oblivious to what's going on he's probably Terry Wogan himself!
TT
Tumble Tower

Let me guess, you've clicked my YouTube icon and indirectly come across me talking to Craig Harper at this year's RCCGB Blackpool Bash at Pleasure Beach Resort Blackpool.

In what town did that take place?

Blackpool.

If they put some damn effort into the show rather than regurgitating the same old crap (in virtually the same running order) peppered with plug after plug after plug for various pop acts, they might have topped it. Taped it and watch what was worth watching in less than 15 minutes yesterday - and only the Peter Kay thing in full.

Fair enough, CIN did have repeat showings of Doctor Who, EastEnders Motown medley and the newsreaders' act, all of which could perhaps have been filled with extra acts, e.g pop performances, or perhaps stand up comics. Also I think the recap right at the end could have been better filled with a closing act,

They've only got themselves to blame really - Comic Relief put the effort in to make each telethon feel different and they get the results - they were £17m up on 2007! Strictly Children in Need down - no surprise.

Well as I've already said, I personally felt the programme of entertainment for CIN 2009 was first class throughout, with loads of music, including the masterpiece from Peter Kay, "Delilah", EastEnders Motown medley and the newsreaders' act. Several orders of magnitude beter than the garbage that viewers had to suffer and endure the night of RND 2009 (Harry Hill's TV Burp, Victorian Dragon's Den, the footballers' boring rubbish, and loads of other barely watchable junk). Remember what I said in March, RND 2009 would have been so much better if it had had a lot more pop performances, more stand-up comics (Jasper Carrott, Jimmy Cricket, Craig Harper) and a magician (Brian Sefton). Harry Hill's TV Burp, Victorian Dragon's Den, and the footballers' boring rubbish should have all been dropped.

Bring back Gaby!

Gaby Roslin? In what way could she make the show any better?
Last edited by Tumble Tower on 22 November 2009 12:16pm
A former member
Pop act? MORE Pop acts? this is why people are complain about Cin being like farts in the winds. That is one of the main problems about this show, is that fact there two many of them.

Harry Hill's TV Burp, is actully one of the most watch show, so why kill it off from RND, you need a better reason than its dull, maybe to you but many others like it, plus it was different.

its one of the reasons why I like BBC scotland ouput, it may be pure crap Car crash telly but its not the same every year.
TT
Tumble Tower
Pop act? MORE Pop acts? this is why people are complain about Cin being like farts in the winds. That is one of the main problems about this show, is that fact there two many of them.

I said the repeat showings of Doctor Who, EastEnders Motown medley and the newsreaders' act towards the end of CIN 2009 could perhaps have been filled with extra pop performances, OR stand up comics , e.g. Jasper Carrot, Jimmy Cricket, Craig Harper, Jason Manford, Carl Schofield. Another possible replacement for one of those repeats could have been a magician, e.g. Brian Sefton.

One Friday evening in April last year, I saw the following three perform excellent acts at Blackpool Pleasure Beach.
1) John Garland - puppeteer
2) Phoenix International - illusionist
3) Jimmy Cricket - stand up comic

In April this year, I saw the following three perform at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. Again all three were first class.
1) Carl Schofield - comedian (he did a rap song towards the end)
2) Brian Sefton - magician
3) Craig Harper - stand up comic (here he is performing there)

So there you are, one or more of those could have replaced the the repeat showings of Doctor Who, EastEnders Motown medley and the newsreaders' act on CIN 2009. I'd have liked to have seen ALL those on RND 2009 instead of Harry Hill's TV Burp, Victorian Dragon's Den, The Apprentice (a bit boring) and the bit with the footballers (about as amusing as watching paint dry).

Harry Hill's TV Burp, is actully one of the most watch show, so why kill it off from RND, you need a better reason than its dull, maybe to you but many others like it, plus it was different.

Rather you than me because I detested it greatly, I felt it was a load of tommyrot.

Newer posts