TV Home Forum

Big Brother

Series Discussion. (February 2007)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PT
Put The Telly On
Jonathan posted:
Quite an explosive program tonight. I think Nikki and Charley are really quite vile, and I hope Big Brother announce why their suitcases were removed, to the other housemates.
I have to say, I like Liam, he's very astute and a voice of reason and logic.

Totally agree, probably too early to say but I reckon he'll win this.

Charley is just rapidly becoming the most verbally aggressive housemate ever. Mad Every little thing - she's always got to have the last word.
JO
Jonathan
I was actually cheering for Gerry tonight. He does aggravate her, but at least he isn't spineless.
DA
David_02
It'll be between Brian and Liam I reckon. Brian's currently favourite but Liam was a couple of weeks ago so it's continually changing.

Can't say I have much time for either of them (certainly not Liam - I don't think you have to be astute to realise that Nicky and Charley were being a bit too obvious with their "we can't tell you" rubbish), but then I like Nicky who is apparently 'vile' so what do I know? Laughing

Enjoyed tonight's show.
JO
Jonathan
^ You like her? As in venti-depresso (imagine a Starbucks beverage called the Nicky haha).
DA
David_02
Jonathan posted:
^ You like her? As in venti-depresso (imagine a Starbucks beverage called the Nicky haha).

Yep. I think she's been given a hard time by the housemates and viewers - your reason for calling her vile is because you think she's miserable I assume. I don't understand that at all. Calling Charley vile, I get. Not Nicky though.
JO
Jonathan
I think Nicky has been influenced by Charley, but that's no excuse for the sorts of insults she dishes out. I think the manner in which Nicky delivers her issues is tedious and discussing nominations twice in a short period is deplorable.
BR
Brekkie
Jonathan posted:
Plus, Charley is not a black woman, her mother is English!

I think no-one who makes a statement like that is qualified to talk about racism!
DA
David_02
Jonathan posted:
I think Nicky has been influenced by Charley, but that's no excuse for the sorts of insults she dishes out. I think the manner in which Nicky delivers her issues is tedious and discussing nominations twice in a short period is deplorable.

Carole, Ziggy and Gerry are just as guilty of talking about nominations. Big Brother seems to arbitrarily enforce these nominations punishments.
JO
Jonathan
Brekkie Boy posted:
Jonathan posted:
Plus, Charley is not a black woman, her mother is English!

I think no-one who makes a statement like that is qualified to talk about racism!

Being half-white, Charley is not excused from using the N-word, just as Emily was not excused from using the N-word.
LU
Luke
i don't think anyone is excused from using the n-word.
JO
Jonathan
My point exactly. I.e. producers letting her off the hook because she's a ''black woman.''
KA
Katnap
Jonathan posted:
...and I hope Big Brother announce why their suitcases were removed, to the other housemates.

I think that most of them had already worked out that they were being punished for something (and I think that somebody guessed it was to do with nominations) - the more the two of them kept trying to make out that there was either nothing or some great big story to it (especially with their very obvious little conferences) the more the other housemates were either sitting there looking bored or just laughing their heads off.

But I'd be very disappointed if the footage wasn't played, along with them agreeing that it would be fun to try and get some drama out of it.

After last night's patheticness, I don't care which one gets fake evicted.

Newer posts