TV Home Forum

Celebrity Big Brother

Who Goes You Decide (November 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FR
Freeview
Roger Mellie posted:
Freeview posted:
Yay! I can't wait for celeb big bro to start again!!! I heard Ian Lee maybe on the show...Confused: Will Russel be doing Celebrity Big Brother's Big Mouth? Can't remember- did they do CBBBM this year?

I reckon they should get the winner from IACGMOOH to go on Celeb Big Brother Wink Just to punish them more.

If they do that, it will be ace, and if it would happen, it should be halfway through an evening, when they are all doing stuff, and the king or queen of the jungle just walks in and starts talking about what they are talking about! Laughing
BR
Brekkie
Roger Mellie posted:
I reckon they should get the winner from IACGMOOH to go on Celeb Big Brother Wink Just to punish them more.

There is absolutely no one on I'm a Celeb at all who would make a potentially good housemate!
PA
pad
Brekkie Boy posted:
Roger Mellie posted:

There is absolutely no one on I'm a Celeb at all who would make a potentially good housemate!

Jan Leeming? Scott Henshall?
DA
David_02
I thought David Gest would have been quite good in CBB. I bet he was asked as well.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Brekkie Boy posted:

No they're far too famous for a start. I wonder if they can top Maggot, Preston, Tracey Bingham, Faria Alam etc this time around. Granted George Galloway & Michael Barrymore were big names but it was hardly a stellar line up.

I'm sure C4 can't wait for January to come around, they might actually get an audience over 3m in prime time. The autumn has just become the period to fill between the two versions of Big Brother. It's been nothing short of a disaster, most of the headline shows have flopped, and no stand out success outside of Deal or No Deal.
DI
thediaryroom
I hadn't heard the 6 weeks rumour, I'm a "fan" (did you guess?) but even I think that's too long.

Celebrity BB should be 2 to 3 weeks, especially with the easily-hateable people they've been putting in lately.

Apparently Kevin Federline is a possibility this year. Woo. Rolling Eyes
AN
Andrew Founding member
It says in the subtitle of this thread "It's that time of year again"

It's nothing of the sort. Anyone who is getting excited about a programme starting in January when there's the small matter of Christmas still to come, is quite sad

Same with those threads about Soapstar Superstar and Dancing on Ice
BR
Brekkie
Agree six weeks is probably too long - I think the maximum they should go for is 30 days really, which would be a week longer than last year.

Obviously though the longer it's stretched out for the lower the calibre of celeb. I think two weeks with eight C-listers is better than six weeks with 12 Z-listers, though in reality when it comes down to it the "celebrity" of the "celebrities" doesn't really matter - it's the mix of characters which is the important thing!

P.S. Anyone know if The Games is returning next year - the line up for that is normally announced before Celebrity Big Brother.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Brekkie Boy posted:
though in reality when it comes down to it the "celebrity" of the "celebrities" doesn't really matter - it's the mix of characters which is the important thing!

Lol, I'll remember that line and use it elsewhere
BR
Brekkie
Andrew posted:
Brekkie Boy posted:
though in reality when it comes down to it the "celebrity" of the "celebrities" doesn't really matter - it's the mix of characters which is the important thing!

As long as it's not in reference to Love Island I might let you! Laughing

Seriously though certainly since Celeb BB returned a couple of years ago they have pretty much got the mix of characters spot on - proving it's sometimes worth ditching the big name (who won't do the show anyhow, but that's not the point) in favour of a lesser known celeb who fills a crucial character role.

I know I'm biased, but I've always felt that I'm a Celeb is less concerned about the mix of characters - it's just a case of getting who they can.
RM
Roger Mellie
Brekkie Boy posted:
Andrew posted:
Brekkie Boy posted:

As long as it's not in reference to Love Island I might let you! Laughing

Seriously though certainly since Celeb BB returned a couple of years ago they have pretty much got the mix of characters spot on - proving it's sometimes worth ditching the big name (who won't do the show anyhow, but that's not the point) in favour of a lesser known celeb who fills a crucial character role.

I know I'm biased, but I've always felt that I'm a Celeb is less concerned about the mix of characters - it's just a case of getting who they can.

That rings true... doesn't stop a panel of C-lists psycho-analysing the I'm A Celeb gang every weekday teatime though!
WH
whiteside2005
No live final for big brother next year

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6188244.stm

Newer posts