TV Home Forum

Sky News thread

(September 2003)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CA
cat
We don't know.

That's the only honest answer you are going to get.

I know Martin has been claiming that many people have told him that the slug is going to stay, but flipped around, moved about, changed colour, and so on... but a lot of people like to claim a lot of things, and having seen how relaunches are speculated about on here for the past few years now, i've learnt that the saying "believe when I see it" has never been more appropriate.

I think the signs for tomorrow's relaunch are pretty much that it's going to happen at 6am... we've seen them testing stuff, etc. Also a very very good bet that it's going to be similar in the ident for to Australia. But the straps and other graphics we don't know, so i think for 6 hours it is better to just leave it at that!
DU
Dunedin
Sorry, but forget the second part of my question and just answer the first- have SNA got a slug- it's a little hard to tell from those caps without a story aston shown?
CA
cat
edward posted:
tsunami__active posted:

So has the slug completely disappeared from SNA's new look and are we therefore expecting the same to happen tomorrow morning on Sky News?

I didn't say that...this is simply what it looks like in Australia. Sky News australia didn't have a slug in the first place - in fact they had completely different graphics compared to Sky News UK.

Not quite true. Their graphic design was broadly similar. Same white/blue look, fairly similar straps but without the slug... same globe background etc.
ED
edward
I overreacted when i said 'completely different' but Australia uses different fonts, different graphics. the graphics worked like bbc news 24 before their relaunch - headline on the top, then two lines for details.
MD
mdtauk
Thought I would post this before I go to bed
http://www.rp-networkservices.com/tvforum/uploads/whiteslug.jpg
A mistake, a hint, who knows, we'll see soon enough!
CA
cat
c@t posted:
To be perfectly honest, it really cannot get much worse than it is now.

Oh my God.

I take it back, all back.

It is just unutterably dire.

Jesus christ, they've done it again!
WE
welshkid
Oh dear Confused

I think it's fair to say that there are going to be a lot if disappointed people on here today......

......ok the "In Brief" section then looked alright, just then.

Si!
:-(
A former member
Well I missed the openers........but the "new" graphics just look like a step back to the white "Millennium" look.....

.........and that "T O P S T O R I E S" strap looks well dodgy !

How can this update really have been delayed ?? Its hardly a massive change !!
CA
cat
This opener was somewhat confusing.

The TOTH titles were the old ones, with no changes to the headline sequence, then the sting into the two presenter shot was new...

And when I heard someone on here say they'd be introducing graphics that worked with/without a ticker, I kind of assumed that would extend more than to just sticking a non-ticking ticker up with a totally pointless slogan.

Oh it's just changed to an interactive ticker...still dire though.
A former member
Really ? How strange....! The headline sequence at 06.30 featured the new purple-esque globe animation. Perhaps we'll see the "full monty" at 07.00 ?
NS
NickyS Founding member
Not seen that much of it but I have to say I'm not that impressed ... the only way I can describe it is that the astons etc are 'plain' ... will probably grow on me ...
A former member
Just had some breaking news.......I missed the animation but the strap looked exactly the same as before.....

Also the "COMING UP" graphic is now just ridiculously large......

Newer posts