Reporting Scotland Refresh

(October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
WA
watchingtv
Is that Victoria Derbyshires table?
UN
Universal_r
I think so, if it’s not the one from nbh it’s one pretty much the exact same.
GM
GMc
It looks a bit ridiculous if I'm honest. Like it's just been plonked in the middle, leaving the rest of the set looking a bit empty.
Is this their great plan to regain viewers from STV?
LL
London Lite Founding member
They have a studio used by The Seven and The Nine which would be more suitable than what continues to be a generic BBC English regions set.
TE
TELEVISION
It just looks dated to be honest. Is there actually anything stopping them from using The Nine’s studio? Logistically or otherwise? Or is there some particular reason they need to use a proper studio for the programme?
GO
gottago
That looks really very awful. Especially in the wide shot.
TELEVISION, Brekkie and Ghost gave kudos
BB
BBI45
It just looks dated to be honest. Is there actually anything stopping them from using The Nine’s studio? Logistically or otherwise? Or is there some particular reason they need to use a proper studio for the programme?

The Seven might cause issues, but if they're able to make the switch quick enough, then I can't see any other reasons why Reporting Scotland couldn't use the studio.
JO
Josh
BBI45 posted:

The Seven might cause issues, but if they're able to make the switch quick enough, then I can't see any other reasons why Reporting Scotland couldn't use the studio.

Hypothetically, they could do what ITV News London do and pre-record the last part of their bulletin to allow for the change-over (ITV Evening News in this case).
TE
TELEVISION
BBI45 posted:

The Seven is only on at weekends so wouldn't be an issue during the week when Reporting Scotland is on at 6.30pm. I just meant if there is still some BBC policy about keeping a unified look ... but to be honest the sets are not really that similar across the country anymore ... so why not utilise the set for The Nine which is far superior and looks so much better.
JosiahStuart and BBI45 gave kudos
GT
GraemeT
Here’s the thing... the nine is shot in the atrium of the BBC Scotland HQ. I
At 6.30 there’s surely a lot of people still milling about?
TE
TELEVISION
Here’s the thing... the nine is shot in the atrium of the BBC Scotland HQ. I
At 6.30 there’s surely a lot of people still milling about?

Perhaps yes ... don't know how much this would affect it being used at this time? But an interesting point.

On a side note, I notice they ditched the shot of the BBC Scotland building after the titles ... thank goodness as it looked stupid. But I would like to see a wide shot of the studio after the titles like they used to do.
BR
Brekkie
BBI45 posted:

Just may The Seven The Eight instead and that issue is solved. It's only a quick summary isn't it so could probably be done elsewhere if needs be - perching on a desk in the newsroom still passes as trendy news presenting I think.

Newer posts