TV Home Forum

Coronavirus - Virtual Substitute Events

(March 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
JAS84
What's the point in that? Most of the fun is in placing a bet and seeing where the horse ends up. The bookies are shut and a virtual race can easily be manipulated, so form guides wouldn't be much use even if you could go to put a bet on. It just won't be the same.
DV
DVB Cornwall
It's relieving the monotony, for some, of this Shielding exercise. As with the FA Cup and F1 last weekend. Worthy if of little sporting value, in the grand scheme of things.
JO
Jon
Presumably with it being on ITV it will all be independently adjudicated, with some form of calculation to create an authentic result in relation to a form guide.

If someone had a ball bag with 8 balls in but two are number 2 the chances are 2 is most likely to picked out but doesn’t mean it’s a certainly. I imagine this will work in a similar way so odds are genuine.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
JAS84 posted:
What's the point in that? Most of the fun is in placing a bet and seeing where the horse ends up. The bookies are shut and a virtual race can easily be manipulated, so form guides wouldn't be much use even if you could go to put a bet on. It just won't be the same.

Of course it won't be the same, how could it be? Life isn't the same. Doesn't mean it's not worth doing.

The virtual race has formed part of ITV's Grand National coverage since 2017 anyway.
MA
mapperuo
Let’s hope a CGI horse doesn’t have a fall and the CGI vets pop out with their green shields
LL
Larry the Loafer
They should take inspiration from the Euros and show a repeat instead. Might I suggest 1993? Wink
GE
thegeek Founding member
Jon posted:

If someone had a ball bag with 8 balls in

😳
JW
JamesWorldNews
Jon posted:

😳

Oh, Jon. I say!

Well, it’s Slocombe Saturday for me now. I’ll update you all on how I’m feline by the end of the day........
JB
JasonB
Jon posted:

😳

Oh, Jon. I say!

Well, it’s Slocombe Saturday for me now. I’ll update you all on how I’m feline by the end of the day........

Just don’t be too graphic, my pussy is having withdrawal symptoms from not going outside.
NL
Ne1L C
Would you mind re-phrasing that please? Very Happy Shocked
DV
DVB Cornwall
ARTE DE Streaming Nightly Disco sessions (some 5 hours long) from top Berlin Club Scene DJs available on their site for replay too....

9 days later

DV
DVB Cornwall
This is very impressive .....

Damn good show too.

Newer posts