TV Home Forum

Bake Off

Matt Lucas Confirmed as New Host (January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
We want Miriam. We want Miriam. We want Miriam. We want Miriam.
JO
Jon
Miriam Margolyes please.

I’m a massive fan of hers. I just can’t see it though. I think she works best when she’s the centre of attention and would perhaps be too big a character to host.

I’m not sure it’s the right vehicle for her true personality to shine and I’m not sure she’d want to do it, although you get the feeling there isn’t much she says no to.

It’s one that could go either way, I’m just not sure.
JW
JamesWorldNews
If not Miriam, the other lady from Call the Midwife may be a good fit. Miranda Hart.
JO
Jon
If not Miriam, the other lady from Call the Midwife may be a good fit. Miranda Hart.

Yes, she’d fit the mould. I think she’s even less likely to do it that Miriam though.
CA
Cando
They will probably bring in Jo Brand from Extra Slice

I suspect so and Miriam's appeal wears off after short doses.
BR
Brekkie
Considering Jo Brand didn't switch to the main show initially with the move to C4 I doubt she would now. I don't think she'd be quite right for it either.
CA
Cando
Considering Jo Brand didn't switch to the main show initially with the move to C4 I doubt she would now. I don't think she'd be quite right for it either.

Strongly rumoured she turned it down because of the controversy. She did a pretty good job when she solo guest presented the old Comic/Sport relief show.

Miriam on the other hand can only keep her " mad aunty" act going for a while. If you have ever watched her old documentaries in the past, she is beyond tempermental.
No way would she cope with 12 hour filming days.A 10 minute slot on a sofa is quite a different thing
HJ
HJL
Either bring back Mel and Sue, get French and Saunders or cancel the series.

I joke ofc. But they would be my initial choices. Not Miriam. I wouldn’t mind seeing Tom Allen (who also hosts professionals & extra slice ?) I think him and Noel could work
TA
TellyAddix
Liza Tarbuck would be perfect. Not too mainstream - warm and witty!
LS
Lou Scannon
The Duchess of Sussex, maybe?! Laughing
BR
Brekkie
Sarah Millican seems inevitable.
TC
TCOTV
Do they need another host? Surely Noel could do it him self.

Newer posts