The Newsroom

NBC News, MSNBC, ABC News and others from across the pond

(May 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TV
TVAND
Norah O'Donnell just uploaded this image to her Instagram account.
RO
Rogo23
Glad someone else saw her post!
This reminds me of portions of the new CNN set's, granted we haven't seen all of it but it looks similar. I'm hoping CBS went out of their comfort zone when designing this. Looks really nice so far. - Notice the video panels in the floor...
RK
Rkolsen
Amazing how a few years ago LED floor tiles couldn’t even be walked on. Now they can support significant weight. I think they can handle the weight of a typical built up studio pedestal (with the weight evenly distributed over three or four wheels across three or four LED tiles).
DO
dosxuk
It must be 10 years since eurovision started using LED tiles in their stage floor, and then let hundreds of people sing, dance and run about on top of them, as well as bring things like giant hamster wheels and fun houses to wheel over them?
RK
Rkolsen
It must be 10 years since eurovision started using LED tiles in their stage floor, and then let hundreds of people sing, dance and run about on top of them, as well as bring things like giant hamster wheels and fun houses to wheel over them?

Okay, then in the US market.
MO
Mouseboy33
Here is a promo featuring the news set in DC. It looks decent. In typically CBS fashion is has no relationship to any other CBS News set. Surprised they spent any money on it seeing as the news operation is notoriously frugal.
Last edited by Mouseboy33 on 2 December 2019 3:44am
JosiahStuart and Toasty603 gave kudos
JW
JamesWorldNews
I like it. It’s a fresh yet solid “newscast” feel.
DO
dosxuk

Same kit though, probably all made in China.
RK
Rkolsen

Same kit though, probably all made in China.

Not sure, but the US seems to be going with Leyard/Planar ones in the floor.

And the problem I have with the floor tiles is that when shot up close you see each independent tile. Not sure if shooting from a distance or at a different angle would help.
NY
NYTV
Here is the new open for the CBS Evening News from Washington DC
Brekkie, watchingtv and Toasty603 gave kudos
BR
Brekkie
The set looks rather small - much prefer what it replaced. Not a fan of the music either, or the newsreader it has to be said.
SE
seamus
It's a shame they let Scott Pelley go - he really came to his own at the beginning of the Trump Administration, taking an authoritative, deadpan, and sometimes critical stance towards the regime. Ratings haven't recovered since he was replaced by Jeff Glor and now Norah O'Donnell.
Justin, ginnyfan and Brekkie gave kudos

Newer posts