TV Home Forum

The X Factor 2018

(June 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GW
GarWill99
May sound like the typical critic here guys, but I do actually still like watching The X Factor no matter how much it changes year on year, Autumn TV would not be the same without it frankly.

But has it crossed any of your minds the sound problem was potentially done on purpose just to give the show exposure? It sounds silly I know but It's common knowledge now that the show is playing second fiddle to a certain Saturday night entertainment show on BBC One, the sound problems on the weekend gets the show trending on social media, makes the tabloid headlines the next day. The main thing is people are talking about the show, giving it exposure.

However silly it seems that a TV network would deliberately sabotage one of their own shows, it does seem a plausible explanation.
GO
gottago

However silly it seems that a TV network would deliberately sabotage one of their own shows, it does seem a plausible explanation.

No it’s not a plausible explanation, sorry. This isn’t how television works.
GW
GarWill99

No it’s not a plausible explanation, sorry. This isn’t how television works.

Forgive me for having an opinion, but you can see where I was coming from. And others prob would think the same also Smile
AN
Andrew Founding member
No sorry it’s a ridiculous suggestion
GW
GarWill99
Very Happy Sorry everyone don't hate me lol
MR
mr_vivian
Well as soon as I heard there were sound problems via twitter I tuned in right away so it worked! ha
JM
JamesM0984
May sound like the typical critic here guys, but I do actually still like watching The X Factor no matter how much it changes year on year, Autumn TV would not be the same without it frankly.

But has it crossed any of your minds the sound problem was potentially done on purpose just to give the show exposure? It sounds silly I know but It's common knowledge now that the show is playing second fiddle to a certain Saturday night entertainment show on BBC One, the sound problems on the weekend gets the show trending on social media, makes the tabloid headlines the next day. The main thing is people are talking about the show, giving it exposure.

Given the extraordinary lengths gone to in order to steer the vote in the direction the producers want it to go in (Sofabet.com is a great read) I personally don't think it can be ruled out.

It sounds incredibly stupid but I'm not sure it's entirely implausible.
CO
commseng
Given how tortuous the journey is from what is said into a microphone to what comes out of the speakers at home, or the image in front of a lens to what appears on your screen can be, it is amazing it is so reliable for such a high percentage of time.

I'd agree that deliberate sabotage is a great conspiracy theory, but I'd imagine the reality is really a far more mundane reason.
DE88, p_c_u_k and Markymark gave kudos
PC
p_c_u_k
I am as up for an X Factor conspiracy as the next person, especially given the show has clearly manoeuvred viewers to vote for certain people in the past, but there must be a million better ways to get publicity without making the show look amateurish at a time when people are already switching off. I can't see it being deliberate.
Hatton Cross and DE88 gave kudos
GW
GarWill99
I'm glad some people were able to see where I was coming from, however I do agree with you it's a silly thing to say it was deliberate but as I said given how downhill the show has gone, deliberate sabotage wasn't entirely a silly theory of mine.

The actual problem though, it sounded like to me the sound was skipping little bits, and also all the crackling. just your typical transmission fault Smile
FA
fanoftv
This popped up on my YouTube suggestions earlier:

After watching it, I remember most of those artists names, and their voices were incredibly diverse and powerful. You had the entertaining acts like Johnny and 2shoes along with the powerful voices (and characters) of Kitty and Misha B. The show felt very strong back then, both contestants, panel and promotion. Whether it be the changing of the panel, the constant tweaks to the show or the fact that the talent is looking at other ways of getting publicised it’s all ha a negative effect on the programme unfortunately.
CH
chrisdafur
X Factor to be on TV until 2022 as ITV offers Simon Cowell an extension despite record low ratings

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/7733163/x-factor-until-2022-itv-offers-extension/

Newer posts